Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Wanting wet tumbler

Hello looking for a secondhand wet tumbler to clean my brass, not wanting to shell out for a new one. Tight arse Yorkshire man you see!

20L paint bucket, windscreen wiper motor, trolley caster wheels or (skateboard wheels), 12v battery and you have a tumbler.
    I've had 1k cases on the go in that model....

I also made a smaller version using an old battery drill motor, couple of old tent poles cut down and an old hand cleaner container. Cleans 200 cases at a time.

I mix up some rinse aid, dish washing liquid and some citric acid in warm/hot tap water. Good rinse off after with hot tap water and they come out shiny. Leave to dry in the sun, and they're mint

Sorry pics were on photobucket (which is no longer free and they're holding pics to ransom now.... )
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

is it better than a dry tumbler . only asking as looking to get a tumbler soon.

Thanks will have a look in to those parts. And wet tumbling I ha e being told is the best was to go for a external and internal clean and polish

does anybody know the best place to get SS tumbling media. Apologies for the hijack.
    [B].416 rigby 410gr doing 2400fps fun times!

Serious shooters has it and the citrus wash to go with works great

Another way is break down an old printer & use the frame, rollers & motor etc.
    I've recently decided to go for a commercially made one after about 50yrs of reloading... """"I think I'm worth it""""
    Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    20L paint bucket, windscreen wiper motor, trolley caster wheels or (skateboard wheels), 12v battery and you have a tumbler.
    I've had 1k cases on the go in that model....

I also made a smaller version using an old battery drill motor, couple of old tent poles cut down and an old hand cleaner container. Cleans 200 cases at a time.

I mix up some rinse aid, dish washing liquid and some citric acid in warm/hot tap water. Good rinse off after with hot tap water and they come out shiny. Leave to dry in the sun, and they're mint

Sorry pics were on photobucket (which is no longer free and they're holding pics to ransom now.... )

Quote Originally Posted by sjjs View Post
    does anybody know the best place to get SS tumbling media. Apologies for the hijack.
    I got 2.5 lbs of pins off Amazon USD32.68 delivered no hassles