Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Whatever this is.

Whatever this is.

Had this thing hanging in my shed for a while, don't know anything about it. Mr Google came up blank too.
    Name:  20180304_182125.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  2.64 MBName:  20180304_182130.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  2.78 MBName:  20180304_182142.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  1.57 MB
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

That's an old practice bomb, smoke by the look of it. I'd be keen depending on what you want for it.

Whatever it is, it looks like fun.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Whatever it is, it looks like fun.
    Ttarget for the next shoot?
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

Does look like one.. BDU-48/B practice bomb.

Name:  image092.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  23.2 KB
    EK9132 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    That's an old practice bomb, smoke by the look of it. I'd be keen depending on what you want for it.
    Hey @Rocco I have no idea, am not a collector just a hillbilly with a bunch of stuff in his shed . Hit me with a number ,prefer PM.

Carefully place on the ground and back away.....

Does look like one.. BDU-48/B practice bomb.

Attachment 83812
    Like the fact you can whip up diagrams like this a few minutes after post. Spent a whole evening Googleing bomb pictures to try to find out what this thing is and found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boar Freak View Post
    Like the fact you can whip up diagrams like this a few minutes after post. Spent a whole evening Googleing bomb pictures to try to find out what this thing is and found nothing.
    @Rocco did the hard thing of knowing what it was. The rest was just googling "nebulite practise bomb" and it's the second image that comes up.

@Rocco did the hard thing of knowing what it was. The rest was just googling "nebulite practise bomb" and it's the second image that comes up.
    Just shows how much of a computer genius I am.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boar Freak View Post
    Aaaaaand on a watchlist. Might be keen for swapsies on a box of beer if you're near by? don't want you out googling "how to mail bombs"
    Pengy likes this.

Actually nevermind that, I've done a bit of a look and you might get some serious money for it. I reckon you could throw that up on trademe and see if a collector grabs it for a couple of hundred even.

Might be worth a whirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Actually nevermind that, I've done a bit of a look and you might get some serious money for it. I reckon you could throw that up on trademe and see if a collector grabs it for a couple of hundred even.

Might be worth a whirl
    I would go along to Wellington branch of Antique Arms and find the bomb aficionado. Antique Arms is recent discovery foe me: always interesting, so many people know so many things about shit I never knew existed, it's great!

It is a MK106 Practice bomb used to simulate a high drag 500lb bomb . Sometimes callled a baked bean can , and really good at starting fires . It had a cartridge that was about 3-4 "inches long and the guts you fed it into where really greased ,great on a cold winters day .
    Someone has painted it from blue to black and does not have the anti fire starter bolt in the tail .
    In the first pic you put atool in the hole to push out the lug so it could be hung from a P.M.B.R .

Quote Originally Posted by Tankd View Post
    It is a MK106 Practice bomb used to simulate a high drag 500lb bomb . Sometimes callled a baked bean can , and really good at starting fires . It had a cartridge that was about 3-4 "inches long and the guts you fed it into where really greased ,great on a cold winters day .
    Someone has painted it from blue to black and does not have the anti fire starter bolt in the tail .
    In the first pic you put atool in the hole to push out the lug so it could be hung from a P.M.B.R .
    Thanks @Tankd I guess if it had been painted and that bolt is missing it's just a piece of steel to hang on the wall in the shed.