Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By johnd
  • 1 Post By 10-Ring

Thread: Whidden 6.5 Creedmoor die set

Whidden 6.5 Creedmoor die set

Everything else sold verrry quickly but I know these will take a little longer.
    This die set is for the discerning reloader that likes something a little better than the norm.
    I dont think these dies are even available in NZ from retailers.

This is their Full length bushing die set with a micrometer adjustable seater die.
    The set thoughtfully comes with its own shoulder bump insert, for putting on your verniers to determine how much shoulder bump you desire.

As with Forster and Redding high end dies the seater die has a sliding sleeve to keep everything in alignment as the bullet is seated.
    Whidden has gone with large easy to read adjustments etched into the body ... so the numbers wont rub off over time.
    The seater die also gives options on what style of projectile punch is used in the tip of the die.... to better match the style of projectile you wish to use.

The sizing die offers two styles of expander button as well, one is merely a holder for the replaceable deccapping pin.

As this is a bushing type die you get to choose the amount of neck tension you apply to the case neck, this is where bushing dies differ from "standard" dies, and you can match any brass neck thickness to the amount of tension you wish to achieve in your search for accuracy.
    Internally the sizer die is highly polished, there is an internet review that shows its finish compared to its counter parts.

I would have loaded about 500 rounds with this set so it is hardly worn in, let lone out!

Price is $250

I have created some better photos as well

Name:  IMG_4459.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  2.29 MB

Name:  IMG_4460.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  2.49 MB

Name:  IMG_4462.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  2.59 MB

As you can see the dies come apart very nicely for maintenance and they go back together with no need for readjusting, these are really well thought out dies.

No takers? everyone must be happy with their CM's doing 1/2 MOA
    Uplandstalker likes this.

Top notch dies and a bargain at $250.
    Uplandstalker likes this.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the .257 Bob. I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

What size bushing comes with it? Thanks

No bushing they stay with me for my 260. They accept Redding or Wilson bushes. And you get to make your own choices about diameter and finish such as nitride or polished steel

Quote Originally Posted by Plinky View Post
    What size bushing comes with it? Thanks
    Workshop Innovation has a good selection of bushings. I prefer the Wilson bushings to the Redding ones. They're both interchangeable.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the .257 Bob. I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

Yeah I like the Wilson ones as you can flip them to get that extra squeeze without needing to go the next size