Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Whole starter kit for newbie or young fella!

Whole starter kit for newbie or young fella!

G'day all thought I'd throw a wee kit together for a young fella or someone on a budget. To get started out hunting. Cause I personally know being young and and keen how hard it can be to get some things for hunting. This kit is not flash gear and some of it is well used. But I've been fortunate enough to upgrade so time to pass it on I'm not after a fortune for the gear so I'll say 600 Ono so here goes

1. Carl Gustav 6.5x55 rifle-this thing is a wee gem shoot pretty bloody well for its age they are made last has had a ram line stock installed also has a timny trigger which is very nice I recently re blued the rifle comes with a weaver fixed pose scope which has seen a fair bit of work but still functions well! Comes with the appropriate rings which still work fine but could be replaced. And also can do with a new recoil pad old one fell off shoots fine without though
    2. Clothing- included are H/F tshirt. Stony creek camp shorts. Egmont wool jacket very similar to a swanni. Wool shirt. Vaude water proof jacket. H/F beanie. Some gloves. And camo cap
    3. Hunting gear- ridge line belt pouch metal drink bottle(great for overnights as can throw em in the fire to boil water etc) energizer head lamp. bore snake. First aid kit. Sun screen. Bug repellent. Two knives fist is a bahco that's done some work not much though ive sharpened it like a razor for new owner. Next is just a wee gerber para frame with wee pouch. And a sharpening steel.
    4. Day bag just a cheapish day bag done everything I needed still in good nick
    5. Camera wee cannon digital camera which takes AA batteries 12MEGA PIXELS
    6. Gun bag-does the job
    As I stated before most of gear is been used and has proven its self but is now surplus to requirements and will suite a new comer or someone on a budget who just wants to get on the hill and harvest some meat. I'm located in Dunedin and if brought by a local who is new to this sort of stuff I'm more than willing to take you out show you what I know about hunting help you sight rifle and get you some experience with being in the bush and using a rifle.

All the best
    Cody

Name:  IMG_1827.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  1.06 MB
    Name:  IMG_1826.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  1.09 MB
    Name:  IMG_1825.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  1.02 MB

Whoops hicup with photos
    Name:  IMG_1821.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  1.04 MB
    robhughes-games and Happy like this.

GC!!

Good stuff.
    Can hear some saying " What, no Sako, Swazi and Lowa boots"
    My boys convinced that's what he needs. Bad luck

Wish an offer like this was around 20 yr ago
    Sideshow likes this.

Someone will appreciate this! Top man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 4mth boy who could do with this in a few years if you are still around

Other than that your a down right GC for making such a generous offer
    ROKTOY likes this.

Hell of a good bugger right there

That rifle is 116 years young,had a new barrel fitted in Stockholm armoury just before it was demobbed and will outlast a lot of newer ones,good on you Cody.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

Good one Cody they are a good rifle for a first one that's what I started with and still have it good to see you got a good set up the scope I was going to give you is still being used as waiting for new one to turn up

Cheers guys yeah some of the guys I've met think you need a sako etc just to get into but you can have just as much success with something like this and it won't cost a bomb as much as I like sakos! That's why I tried to make a reasonable price if it's to dare please let me know!!! Just wanna get it in the right hands and cheers northdude no worries at all mate!
    Cody
    trooper90 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody.a View Post
    Cheers guys yeah some of the guys I've met think you need a sako etc just to get into but you can have just as much success with something like this and it won't cost a bomb as much as I like sakos! That's why I tried to make a reasonable price if it's to dare please let me know!!! Just wanna get it in the right hands and cheers northdude no worries at all mate!
    Cody
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Cody.a View Post
    Cody
    Good stuff.

My 3 year old boy will be getting my old knife and the use of my .22lr AR and Sako .223 when he is old enough.
    Can't wait to take him away.
    gadgetman likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

$500