Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT 

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Will pay good money for a 30cal bullet cast mould. 160-200 gr. Cheers

Will pay good money for a 30cal bullet cast mould. 160-200 gr. Cheers

30cal cast bullet mould and .308 - .309 sizer
    Want to play around with some sub loads
    30-30. If anyone has any surplus gear flick me a pm thank you

I have quite a number of cast 30-30 projectiles, they are solids not hollow point. Yours for a token sum if interested I can drop them off within a few weeks of level 3 finishing.
    Happy to provide further details if you are interested, just let me know as I will have do dig them out, count and weigh.

I have quite a number of cast 30-30 projectiles, they are solids not hollow point. Yours for a token sum if interested I can drop them off within a few weeks of level 3 finishing.
    Happy to provide further details if you are interested, just let me know as I will have do dig them out, count and weigh. From memory I think they are 160gr

Hay man, thanks for the reply longshot, how many roughly do you think you have I’d be keen to buy a few hundred of them in bulk
    I would rather find a mould so I can develope a load and stick with it, will be running them in a 336 lever action with a tube so sort of after something flat nosed, have you got a pic of one by chance? Does it have the lube grooves and all that jazz, haha I am obviously a rookie to casting man but I love the concept

I just buy Robert’s 151gr cast bullets (username is shooternz on here, he is also on Trademe). 7.5 grains of Trailboss is subsonic in my 16” M94

what cigar said is good too

I will dig mine out in the morning and send some photos, I think I have around 100, but will confirm. To me they are in the category of I will probably never use them but they are too good to throw out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I just buy Robert’s 151gr cast bullets (username is shooternz on here, he is also on Trademe). 7.5 grains of Trailboss is subsonic in my 16” M94
    I would just do this..his product is well made and well priced,gas checked as well and his advice is solid.
    Nathanfish likes this.

Cheers boys I may just have to do that.
    Longshot I’m still keen to work something out for your stuff too man, when ya have a head count and a number in mind giz a buzz brother.
    Are you keen to sell your mold mate ill pay through the roof for it hahaha

Cigar / the bomb, what sort of numbers we talkin per 100 roughly? does he do any heavier pills by chance aswell?

I am still very interested in moulding my own at some point though, I love to learn new things, and things like that are good to know

I may have a spare 2 cavity lee 180 gr mould. I got a whole box of molds at auction years ago just to get one. I'll have a look this morning but if not lee molds are only about $60 brand new.
    THNZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by THNZ View Post
    Cigar / the bomb, what sort of numbers we talkin per 100 roughly? does he do any heavier pills by chance aswell?
    Last time I bought some they were $40/100 but I think the price has increased. I think he had some heavier 30 cal bullets.

They come lubed and gas checked too
    THNZ likes this.

Marty Henry, hahaha as ya do lol, thanks man that would be awesome if you do Man I’m really keen to give casting a go and can’t seem to find anything any where lol if by chance you do could you pm me please man with bank dets and how much you would like for it and I will flick ya through some pingas. Cheers mate

Cigar, that sounds like the go man I flicked him a message last night just waiting to hear back from, thanks a milly for your guys help

THNZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JD300 View Post
    JD300, thanks man, I’m no expert but she looks abit pointy to be loading in a tubular mag. Correct me if I’m wrong brother, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by THNZ View Post
    JD300, thanks man, Iím no expert but she looks abit pointy to be loading in a tubular mag. Correct me if Iím wrong brother, cheers
    @THNZ Didn't even think of that fair call indeed.
    THNZ likes this.