Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT 

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Winchester P14 303, stock for

over here, over there, either here, or there
    OK, it seems I'll have to work on my knowledge base for the P14.
    I'm a bit new to the restoration stuff, and it's a Winchester that I have, hence the need of a W stock for the job.
    Wouldn't be appropriate to "mix 'n match" with Eddystone or Remington if it's going to be proper.
    Last edited by no1_49er; 24-06-2022 at 11:19 PM. Reason: typo error

SLR
    It would have been dropped into the first stock the armourer grabbed when it was in service for repair.
    Really irrelevant what maker it was at the time.

Yup, don't worry about matching everything up. There are some things that were not interchangeable between makers, but beside those specific parts feel free to mix and match. Ive got a few W stocks for my future builds. They are out there.

Yeah about $2K - I remember when you could have your pick at around $250. They were never really the 'pick of the litter' of British milsurps, but lately they've really pinged up in price.

I have a 'W' P14 bayonet that I hang next to my P14(T). That's probably worth stupid coin all by itself considering the short manufacture run and lack of surviving examples (Win seemed to struggle with bayo manufacture and all but gave up). The other nifty thing I have is an Irish P14(T) canvas transport case - again not common. I did remove the rear sight and replace it with the (F) rear sight, not correct but I like that one better. Been trying for a leather trimmed scope case, missed out on two so far (damnit). Having two P14(T)'s is a bit of an achievement @Gun nut, I did see a guy that had four or five as part of a sniper collection. I'd hate to think what that little group would be worth now, likely well over a mill for the whole gun room though. Damn kids haha...

As far as the stock for the Win - a Rem would do at a pinch or even the Weedon repair version that didn't have the finger relief cuts. The ERA might not fit straight off, not without a bit of smooging to fit bands etc.

Still building up my P14T, but my long term project is the restoration of a No.3T(A). Need to get the scope bracket fabricated for that one.

At one stage I had one of each W, ERA and RE, then I decided I wasnt a collector more of a shooter, Sold the RE on TM to a forum member! on here, I had advertised it here but no takers at that stage so went yellow.