Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: WTB ar15

WTB ar15

Hey guys looking at upgrading my ar15 soon.

Have a ranger that I got cheap but wanting to get something more like a rock river.

Currently looking at this below but in a-cat if they can do that as I have a scope and a few things already like suppressors and a spears stock since I'm only an A-cat holder.

Thought I'd try in here first see if anyone has something that I might like instead. Note I'm not in a mad hurry as I'd sell mine first

This is from delta sector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a Spikes Tactical A-Cat custom job from Digit at NZAR15.co.nz

https://nzar15.com/store/index.php?i...oller=category
    grunzter and anderset20 like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Which is on my wish list... as the boy will need an A-Cat AR to shoot alongside Daddy's E-Cats.
    Never mind the boy has only just turned 1!
    seano, grunzter, res and 2 others like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Not a fan of those foregrips but could change that. Did like the 2 stage triggers on the rock rivers and the fact they come with the hard case and everything. Although I've also heard a lot of good stuff about Digit. Thanks @dogmatix might look into that.

res
    You may find that the factory hard case is no use after you fit a scope
    Dr. Watson likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Ah didn't think of that thanks @res

Check these out, made in the USA and only $1349, cheaper than what you paid for that ranger
    And looks to be cheaper than what you would pay in the USA - almost

S&W MP15 SPORT 5.56 NATO A or E Cat

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...5_757784_image
    Last edited by Trevs; 18-11-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Brownells still have their AR sale going if you want to build. Bushmaster parts are going pretty cheap.

Mm I'm quite happy to admit that if rather just spend more and buy a built one that's in nz. Much easier

its those permits that get you in the butt. 4 weeks to be approved and listing every single item. But fun if you want to build one if you have all the tools of course, those tools do cost a bit $$$.

A-cat permits are written out on the spot. Wait time is about 5 minutes. The only tool you really need is the upper vise block, which is like $30US.

Im a bit slow, so when you chaps buy your goodies from Brownells do you raise multiple orders under us$100, or does Brownells easily get the export permits for orders over us$100?

I have purchased from them many times, both over and under us$100 but always easy to export & import stuff (all ancillery stuff like mounts, clamps, sights etc)... but never reciever, bolt, barrel parts etc... but there are a few bits i want after Christmas.

a little enlightenment would be appreciated.
    Grant

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    Im a bit slow, so when you chaps buy your goodies from Brownells do you raise multiple orders under us$100, or does Brownells easily get the export permits for orders over us$100?

I have purchased from them many times, both over and under us$100 but always easy to export & import stuff (all ancillery stuff like mounts, clamps, sights etc)... but never reciever, bolt, barrel parts etc... but there are a few bits i want after Christmas.

a little enlightenment would be appreciated.
    Grant
    Once you hit over US$100 you need the import permit, complete the DSP83, end user cert and post all of them to Brownells for them to process.
    If you get it wrong or miss something out, they reject it but take their fee, and you start again.
    You have to post original forms to them, they don't accept scanned copies. That's what I was told anyway. Its been a long time since ive tried to import stuff.

And if you get a Arms Officer who follows the rules, they only issue permits for "Parts of the ACTION"(ie Receivers, bolt and carrier and barrel)
    Which means they wont give one for a stock or handguards. I got denied a permit because of this. I also got denied a permit for a bolt carrier as it was still capable of firing full auto as it was a M16 carrier. And then got asked for an explanation as to why I was importing a full auto carrier. I just wanted a DPMS carrier.

With all the hassles, I gave up and never ended up importing any parts.

Be far easier to buy one complete.

That's what happened to me. Others probably had better luck than me.
    grunzter likes this.

Thanks, I'm like that in respect "its easier to buy one complete"... which i have done so and am in the process of finishing them off with 'goodies'...
    Was just planning for a mk12 build i wanted to do next year for fun when i get off my butt and get my E.

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    Export permits are easy. Fill in your info on 3 forms, sign and date them, post them to Brownells along with a copy of your import permit. Wait about a month (dependent on state department processing time) for your stuff to turn up in the mail.
    I have the forms saved with my info already on them. All I have to do is change the item details, print and sign. Can get it all done and posted in less than 15 minutes.
    grunzter likes this.