Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By scottrods

Thread: WTB B&C or similar Stock for Howa/Weatherby LA

WTB B&C or similar Stock for Howa/Weatherby LA

looking at a project and wondering if any one has a B&C type stock ? Maybe consider a complete gun in 270 or 3006 or 7mmRM as a donor ?
    Might also look at importing stock ex USA but I hear thats getting harder by the day.

nope. Redhawk rifles will sell you a stock really easy, A cat stock, b&c medalist for my rem700 took 2wks to get here. About $345 landed.
    pay with paypal.
    Shearer and JRW87 like this.

Sweet - saw another thread recently that said Red Hawk had stopped any export sales. I'll give them a try and see how it goes.

From Redhawk

​We currently are not shipping internationally. Too many shipments are getting held at various customs. We are not sure why but maybe because of increased security levels. We will post on our website when shipments will resume. So please keep checking our website.

Thank you.​

Red Hawk Rifles LLC
    2317 Grand Park Drive
    Unit 2B
    Grand Junction , CO 81505

Thanks NZfubz - i contacted RedHawke thru their website last night and got exactly the same message.
    Anyone would think that NZ was the centre of ISIS training camps or something ?!
    Surely our US "mates" understand the world geography & politics well enough to know that sending a rifle stock "down under" is not going to create a terrorist risk. WTF ?!

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Thanks NZfubz - i contacted RedHawke thru their website last night and got exactly the same message. issed off:
    Anyone would think that NZ was the centre of ISIS training camps or something ?!
    Surely our US "mates" understand the world geography & politics well enough to know that sending a rifle stock "down under" is not going to create a terrorist risk. WTF ?!
    I know so depressing I did get a reply from one place who said they don't export orders under $500. I can ask if I order 2 will they export if you like? We just might have to halve the gst.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

that a good idea, works for me. pm sent

If that falls over, I have a couple long action laminate stocks in stock. They are for the Howa long action, forest green and not Boyds. They almost have a pistol grip with a spar from the bottom to the back like the A-cat pistol grips for ARs. I can email a photo if you like. Price would be around the $300 mark incl shipping.

Better yet, do you know anyone with a mill? Make your own stock out of Timber and mill the bedding out yourself. Its a lot of work but can be very rewarding and a great way to personalise a project rather than just bolting together a combo of other peoples stuff.

It fell over the $500 shipping was for a Choade stock so I put him wrong sorry to hijack but have you got any SA options?

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

thanks Timattalon - I really want the synthetic light weight stock rather than wood but will keep this in mind. Whats the weight on the laminated stocks ?

Quote Originally Posted by nzfubz View Post
    It fell over the $500 shipping was for a Choade stock so I put him wrong sorry to hijack but have you got any SA options?

In most cases Boyds are the best option. I have a few stocks but not a lot. I think I only have a few Long actions at the moment but will have another look tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    thanks Timattalon - I really want the synthetic light weight stock rather than wood but will keep this in mind. Whats the weight on the laminated stocks ?
    I will weigh one tomorrow and get back to you. If you really want something special and dont mind a wait rather than weight, I have heard very good things about Stug stocks. They are made in canterbury but he is a busy fellow and has a fair old waiting list.

SG Gunstocks - Carbon Fibre Stocks - Home

The Ambidextrous thumbhole as picture in the link is 1.25kgs, the Boyds Thumhole (AKA The VT) is the same weight (or near enough to) and I found a Short action, black "ultralite" laminate stock that looks like a synthetic but is actually laminate with a texture black coating. It weighs 950 grams.

Again, if you want pictures, PM me your email and I can email them.