Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst

Thread: WTB: Binos

WTB: Binos

Im having a problem with my Minox binos (image not lining up after a bit of a fall..) I'm gonna send them off under warranty but God knows how long that's going to take, I wouldn't mind a second pair of half decent binos anyhow, Anything about? Prefer 10x, up to $1000 for something nice, will look at bringing in some if no luck here but I really want something pretty quick so I can get these others sent off.

Whats the verdict on Zen Rays? Have heard a few guys found them difficult to deal with for warranty issues but good binos other than that?

Hey mate ive got a brand new pair of 10x42 Bushnell Legend ultra HD L Series unopened still in box for $500. Think they are $739 in H&F. Got them through insurance but i had already replaced them as thought i was getting cash but they sent me the product instead.

These are only 200 more than your budget and you'll sell the Minox once you've used them.
    https://trademe.co.nz/1105398791

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will keep that in mind, im in two minds about legend HD's as I had a pair that fogged up on the inside on me a few years back and I got stuffed round big time trying to claim warranty on them so I just went a bit dark on Bushnell fullstop. They had really impressive glass though for the price.

Funny that. Bushnells backup has been awesome for me but I dealt with their head office in the US, not the NZ importer.
    What are your Minox? I have a pair of BL 10x44s you can borrow in the meantime if you like. PM me if keen.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Thats very kind of you @Shearer, they are HG's, have been great up untill now! Have heard of binos being fixed after a good knock but never being wuite the same again. If I get stuck I will tske you up on your offer. Cheers!

I was in the same boat. My 10x42 ZenRays got badly scratched and I needed replacements quickly.

I was recommended to this site. Have a look at where the Vanguards are ranked.
    Binoculars rankings - 10x42 - AllBinos.com

I got a a pair from Jacobs in Auckland. Sharp price and I am very impressed by them. You will see that they are rated ahead of some flash Euro glass.
    I'm not too proud to use them an I have no reason to change.

https://www.jacobsdigital.co.nz/prod...eavor-ed-10x42

Thanks @Tahr, I did have a wee look at them (havnt looked through them) as the store in town here has started stocking them, was wondering how they go.
    Those Swaros Brads has eluded to look pretty tempting, allthough im just a bit shy of 8x as hunt quite a bit of big open top alpine type country and have always felt more comfortable using a 10x

Steiner are on offer at H&F, at the moment.

LOC
    Have a pair of Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 for $1300 if you can stretch to these? Taken on one roar trip. Will include invoice from Jacobs Digital (think March '16) and happy to refund if you don't find them literally 'as new'

Let me chew that one over for a bit @LOC? Will see if I can soften up the minister of finance a bit...
    199p likes this.

LOC
    No hurry mate, not advertising elsewhere. Picked up a pair of Trinovids off Alzono a few weeks back hence will offload the Zeiss at some stage