Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

WTB/BORROW 16ga loading gear

was givein an old stevens very old (nitro proof) 16 gauge the other day by a friend who had no use for it I was thinking about loading some black powder loads for it so I can shoot it in the upcoming black powder shoot well the shot gun part anyway and possibly sell it on if someone there likes it but in order to load black powder I need to borrow or buy some gear (if cheep enough cant justify spending loads) ether a press or even an old lee loader would be fine I will only use it to load 50 or so shells I would say

Buy some brass from the U.S. cheap and being shotgun shells you can get them sent to you? Then hand load. Use cork wads to cushion the shot when fired. Don't need a press. PM me
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    was givein an old stevens very old (nitro proof) 16 gauge the other day by a friend who had no use for it I was thinking about loading some black powder loads for it so I can shoot it in the upcoming black powder shoot well the shot gun part anyway and possibly sell it on if someone there likes it but in order to load black powder I need to borrow or buy some gear (if cheep enough cant justify spending loads) ether a press or even an old lee loader would be fine I will only use it to load 50 or so shells I would say
    I haqve just finished a stock and blue job on one of the those. Whats the pistol grip like? They have a tendancy to split there badly

wood in great nick as far as I can tell metal work needs some tlc and the barrel is quite pitted sadly however still useable but its a neet old gun
    the action is good and tight which is the main thing

Lucky there mate, the one I did over was held together by sellotape