Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: WTB: Centerfire rifle

WTB: Centerfire rifle

Due to me selling my 7mm08 to pay for a passport to get over to aussie to start the job that was nothing but a fuck up from the minute I started on the employers part, I am now in need of a new rifle. While I do have access to a .303 thanks to one of my mates on here I really would rather have my own rifle to use and would need to pay it off with what I earn through relief milking, need to keep it under 1K due to limited budget not interested in 30-06's or anything that ends with magnum does not matter if there is no scope with rifle will sort that out later. If nothing eventuates on here I will go and put a rifle on layby at vern wilsons here in Te Awamutu. WOuld prefer it if I could buy from someone that I can physically pick up from to save the S43a bullshit and the shipping with couriers (I do not trust couriers enough to let them deliver a rifle)
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I have used couriers several times to transport firearms, both selling and buying, and have never had a problem...I have found them to be dedicated and trustworthy people...I must admit though that they have never known that it was a firearm that they were transporting. There is no 'bullshit' with S 43a forms unless you create it...the borrowed .303 is going to boot more than a 30-06, and I would suggest for your limitted budget and 'pussy' shoulder that you look to a SKS as your next firearm...

for $1000 go layby a howa 1500 you wont regret it. i got a near new 243 for $650 off trademe and it is now my favorite rifle

Re: WTB: Centerfire rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I have used couriers several times to transport firearms, both selling and buying, and have never had a problem...I have found them to be dedicated and trustworthy people...I must admit though that they have never known that it was a firearm that they were transporting. There is no 'bullshit' with S 43a forms unless you create it...the borrowed .303 is going to boot more than a 30-06, and I would suggest for your limitted budget and 'pussy' shoulder that you look to a SKS as your next firearm...
    People that post on here early in the morning really can be helpful
    Wow

Using TT2 on my mobele

You need to back the hell off and stop trying to start shit fights with people you did it with creepingdeath and you have run a few other people down on here with your sour attitude. If you have nothing better to say or you have had a shit of a morning DON'T you dare come on here taking your crap out on everyone.
    Savage1, thedrunkfish and Bill999 like this.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Re: WTB: Centerfire rifle

Haha good old cunt face. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Savage1 likes this.

How quick do you need it? I would say just keep an eye on trademe some good gguns come up really cheap there if you wait long enough.

Banned
    hey mate ive got a mate selling a Parker hale 270 with scope $500,im going over to see what its like this arvo he's in Dannevirke however so might not suit but if your interested il send you some pics.

Definitely send me some pics I do have an offer for a rifle at this stage but still thinking about it as i do want to see what else is offered as I just do not want to jump into the first offer I get as the .270 is one of my caliber choices I am deciding on.

I agree with you, right up to the last comma.

Banned
    Here you go Hunter308 I went over and had a look its a pretty mint Parker hale 270,rifling is in real good order hes only fired 50 to 60 rounds out of it.Trigger feels a touch under3 lb real nice and the action is smoth, right handed monte carlo stock has a average scope tasco.its been well looked after a few scratches on the batt but nothing major at all.

Name:  PIC_0637 (640x480).jpg
Views: 738
Size:  285.0 KBName:  PIC_0638 (640x480).jpg
Views: 622
Size:  283.4 KBName:  PIC_0639 (640x480).jpg
Views: 540
Size:  256.8 KBName:  PIC_0640 (640x480).jpg
Views: 515
Size:  298.7 KBName:  PIC_0641 (640x480).jpg
Views: 549
Size:  228.9 KBIf your not interested ill put up in buy sell trade sect cheers mate.

Oooohh that looks nice. And with a cross bolt thingy to keep Toby's greasy mitts off it too.

Being a .270 keeps my mitts off it :p

Banned
    well if hunter308 isnt keen shes all yours GM

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    There is nothing wrong with a 270 Toby and that is a seriously nice looking rifle for five hundy.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms