Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Wtb- cheap scope rings 1 inch

Wtb- cheap scope rings 1 inch

Just for a wee .22 I have, I have a Nikko Stirling silver crown 4x32 and I'm pretty sure the tube is 1 inch, anyone have some old rings laying around they're willing to donate or sell me? Need to be able to mount to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a 11mm dovetail mount. What is the rifle? TM have some pretty cheap rings and so does Aliexpress. Both are pretty basic but seem to work fine on my brno 581 22

Quote Originally Posted by Rossiwiz View Post
    That looks like a 11mm dovetail mount. What is the rifle? TM have some pretty cheap rings and so does Aliexpress. Both are pretty basic but seem to work fine on my brno 581 22
    It's a Marlin 795, wicked rifle, bought it for my partner, she's getting back this week so want to get it sorted so she can bust some bunnys

Yup 11mm mount and the Nikko will be a 1" tube. Something like this on TM would fit the bill 25.4mm 1" Scope Mount Ring w 11mm Rail 20mm 3610811 | Trade Me
    You can also get a Weaver/Picatinny rail that mounts on the dovetail on your Marlin, that opens up a world of options but will make the scope sit much higher. You should be fine with those cheap mounts.
    TianBotha likes this.

Yup 11mm mount and the Nikko will be a 1" tube. Something like this on TM would fit the bill 25.4mm 1" Scope Mount Ring w 11mm Rail 20mm 3610811 | Trade Me
    You can also get a Weaver/Picatinny rail that mounts on the dovetail on your Marlin, that opens up a world of options but will make the scope sit much higher. You should be fine with those cheap mounts.
    Oh that would be ideal, do you know where I could get a picatinny rail? That would be super ideal but yea I'll get that mount in the mean time cheers for that

If all you needed were 1 inch rings why do you then need a rail ?

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    If all you needed were 1 inch rings why do you then need a rail ?
    Don't need, just want, would be nice to have in the future as I have a few rings that would fit the picatinny rail, but I've just bought the other little rings so they'll be fine for now, I also like picatinny better as the mounts ten to hold better then that of the dovetail when bumped around

I would try Aliexpress.com search for 11mm dovetail to picatinny and you should find a dozen or so options. Most just clamp on like the rings, others have the option to tap some holes in your reciever and then screw them down. That would require a gunsmith in my opinion, so the clamp on sounds like a better option. I have found the 11-16mm rings I have work fine out past 150m, beyond that with .22 starts being a bit hit and miss.
    TianBotha likes this.

I would try Aliexpress.com search for 11mm dovetail to picatinny and you should find a dozen or so options. Most just clamp on like the rings, others have the option to tap some holes in your reciever and then screw them down. That would require a gunsmith in my opinion, so the clamp on sounds like a better option. I have found the 11-16mm rings I have work fine out past 150m, beyond that with .22 starts being a bit hit and miss.
    Cheers, I've never been on alixpress, seems like that's the place for the deals, I see a lot of people buy ar parts and accessories off there too.
    Yea I doubt I'll be going any further then 150 with the .22,
    Cheers, really appreciate the help

Get something with a drop pin to stop the mounts sliding along the dovetail. Easy enough to drill a shallow indentation in the top of the receiver. Did it to my 795.
    TianBotha likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Get something with a drop pin to stop the mounts sliding along the dovetail. Easy enough to drill a shallow indentation in the top of the receiver. Did it to my 795.
    Did you just use a small grub screw to keep it in place?

Quote Originally Posted by TianBotha View Post
    Did you just use a small grub screw to keep it in place?

They come with a grub screw. Because it is as semi with the blot slapping back and forth there is a tendency for the rings to slide. Being an aluminium receiver you don't want to over tighten the mounts either. I may even have a rail with the drop pin in the workshop. I'll whip out and have a look.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

They come with a grub screw. Because it is as semi with the blot slapping back and forth there is a tendency for the rings to slide. Being an aluminium receiver you don't want to over tighten the mounts either. I may even have a rail with the drop pin in the workshop. I'll whip out and have a look.
    That'll be ideal too, intrigues me how much knowledge people have on this forum, I would have ever thought of using the drop pin method!

Fount these that you can have. You can see the drop pin in the nearest ring.

Name:  DSC_0059a.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  111.4 KB
    Pengy and Rossiwiz like this.

Wtb- cheap scope rings 1 inch

Fount these that you can have. You can see the drop pin in the nearest ring.

Attachment 70125
    Really? Would be rude to say no, how much would you like for them?
    Cheers

Rossiwiz likes this.