Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    helensville nz
    Posts
    2,518

    wtb lee bottom pour casting pot or similar

    wtb lee bottom pour casting pot or similar

    wanting to give casting a go but having a bad left hand I think ladle casting could be hard and dangerous for me after a cheep bottom pour pot not looking to pay much as I am not sure if its something ill get into... reloaders have them for 160 ish new so that's plan b if I cant get a 2nd hand one cheaper than that

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    16,933
    If you get one modify the plunger that opens and shuts the dribbler, I've re placed mine with a heavier shaft it shuts off better, keep the crucible bowl clean, they work well
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  3. #3
    Member Spook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mt Motutapere/Northern Alps
    Posts
    2,063
    I have one you can borrow to see if you are keen on the casting game...you will need to replace the three pin plug as i stole that for some other project...you will also have to fill in my standard loan/lease terms and condition contract which includes a clause that if item is not returned within the limited time frame, then your left testicle belongs to me and you will be willing to be flown [at my expense] anywhere in the world for this operation to be carried out.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

  4. #4
    Village Idjit Barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Westie
    Posts
    3,339
    Rambo
    I'm hoping to pop into Reloaders this week to pick up the 405gn 45/70 mold I ordered and was thinking of picking up one of the casting pots if I like them. If I do I'm happy to share as it will mostly get used for sinkers

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Taranaki
    Posts
    52
    Six months ago I must have bought the lemon. It's a Lee Pro 4-20 that either dribbles badly or does nothing at all. I've poked paper clips into the dribbler hole, adjusted the flow and fluxed the lead all to no avail. Even tried throwing it through the shed window a few times, but the bugger is always to bloody hot to hold.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    16,933
    Make a heavier shut off rod, that should stop ya dribbling!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    helensville nz
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I have one you can borrow to see if you are keen on the casting game...you will need to replace the three pin plug as i stole that for some other project...you will also have to fill in my standard loan/lease terms and condition contract which includes a clause that if item is not returned within the limited time frame, then your left testicle belongs to me and you will be willing to be flown [at my expense] anywhere in the world for this operation to be carried out.
    thanks for the offer mate but I would rather buy one then if I fuck it I don't have to worry would you ne intrested in selling it?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    helensville nz
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Rambo
    I'm hoping to pop into Reloaders this week to pick up the 405gn 45/70 mold I ordered and was thinking of picking up one of the casting pots if I like them. If I do I'm happy to share as it will mostly get used for sinkers
    we could cast together? I have a good place to do it here? just need to find a good supply of lead im told for cartridge loads such as 45-70 hard lead is best (wheelweights) for muzzle loading firearms go use softer lead source unknown

  9. #9
    Village Idjit Barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Westie
    Posts
    3,339
    I've got about 20lbs of lead floating around here so that would get us going.
    HOWEVER, I when into reloaders this arvo and they can't find my mold, so I put the melting pot back on the shelf . . . hopefully it will turn up otherwise I will have to wait another month.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    helensville nz
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I've got about 20lbs of lead floating around here so that would get us going.
    HOWEVER, I when into reloaders this arvo and they can't find my mold, so I put the melting pot back on the shelf . . . hopefully it will turn up otherwise I will have to wait another month.
    don't ya hate that..... I can get a lot of lead to maybe we should melt some down sometime and clean it and cast some ingots clean and ready to go

  11. #11
    Village Idjit Barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Westie
    Posts
    3,339
    Sounds like a plan

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    helensville nz
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Sounds like a plan
    cool hay pm me your ph number ive lost my ph recently so no longer have it need to talk about 4th

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Help - Duracoat or similar
    By saryn in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 08:16 PM
  2. Swap 7mm RM for 308 or similar
    By username in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-01-2014, 08:11 AM
  3. Wanted! Leupold vx3 cds or similar
    By 338 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  4. WTB Pelican 1700 or similar
    By kiwijames in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-03-2013, 12:05 AM
  5. Jetboil or similar dodads - what do you think?
    By Spanners in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-02-2012, 07:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!