Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

wtb lee bottom pour casting pot or similar

wtb lee bottom pour casting pot or similar

wanting to give casting a go but having a bad left hand I think ladle casting could be hard and dangerous for me after a cheep bottom pour pot not looking to pay much as I am not sure if its something ill get into... reloaders have them for 160 ish new so that's plan b if I cant get a 2nd hand one cheaper than that

If you get one modify the plunger that opens and shuts the dribbler, I've re placed mine with a heavier shaft it shuts off better, keep the crucible bowl clean, they work well
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I have one you can borrow to see if you are keen on the casting game...you will need to replace the three pin plug as i stole that for some other project...you will also have to fill in my standard loan/lease terms and condition contract which includes a clause that if item is not returned within the limited time frame, then your left testicle belongs to me and you will be willing to be flown [at my expense] anywhere in the world for this operation to be carried out.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Rambo
    I'm hoping to pop into Reloaders this week to pick up the 405gn 45/70 mold I ordered and was thinking of picking up one of the casting pots if I like them. If I do I'm happy to share as it will mostly get used for sinkers

Six months ago I must have bought the lemon. It's a Lee Pro 4-20 that either dribbles badly or does nothing at all. I've poked paper clips into the dribbler hole, adjusted the flow and fluxed the lead all to no avail. Even tried throwing it through the shed window a few times, but the bugger is always to bloody hot to hold.

Make a heavier shut off rod, that should stop ya dribbling!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I have one you can borrow to see if you are keen on the casting game...you will need to replace the three pin plug as i stole that for some other project...you will also have to fill in my standard loan/lease terms and condition contract which includes a clause that if item is not returned within the limited time frame, then your left testicle belongs to me and you will be willing to be flown [at my expense] anywhere in the world for this operation to be carried out.
    thanks for the offer mate but I would rather buy one then if I fuck it I don't have to worry would you ne intrested in selling it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Rambo
    I'm hoping to pop into Reloaders this week to pick up the 405gn 45/70 mold I ordered and was thinking of picking up one of the casting pots if I like them. If I do I'm happy to share as it will mostly get used for sinkers
    we could cast together? I have a good place to do it here? just need to find a good supply of lead im told for cartridge loads such as 45-70 hard lead is best (wheelweights) for muzzle loading firearms go use softer lead source unknown

I've got about 20lbs of lead floating around here so that would get us going.
    HOWEVER, I when into reloaders this arvo and they can't find my mold, so I put the melting pot back on the shelf . . . hopefully it will turn up otherwise I will have to wait another month.

I've got about 20lbs of lead floating around here so that would get us going.
    HOWEVER, I when into reloaders this arvo and they can't find my mold, so I put the melting pot back on the shelf . . . hopefully it will turn up otherwise I will have to wait another month.
    don't ya hate that..... I can get a lot of lead to maybe we should melt some down sometime and clean it and cast some ingots clean and ready to go

Sounds like a plan

Sounds like a plan
    cool hay pm me your ph number ive lost my ph recently so no longer have it need to talk about 4th