Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Cool WTB Mcmillian hunters edge stock (carbon)

hi all im after a Remington 700 s/a drop plate Mcmillian hunters edge stock (carbon)

bit of a long shot but if some one has a new one with the carbon finish please let me know as I need one to complete my new rifle build

cheers all !

Is this what you are looking for ?

https://www.mcmillanusa.com/product/...dge-remington/

We created this ultralight hunting stock using the technology we developed for the very popular EDGE benchrest stock. It is McMillans lightest and most compact stock with a slim classic style and slender forend. This all-graphite stock comes standard with aluminum pillars, a 1″ Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad @ 13.5″ LOP and two sling studs. The finished stock will weigh in at 22-24 ounces, depending on the action We created this ultralight hunting stock using the technology we developed for the very popular EDGE benchrest stock. It is McMillans lightest and most compact stock with a slim classic style and slender forend. This all-graphite stock comes standard with aluminum pillars, a 1″ Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad @ 13.5″ LOP and two sling studs. The finished stock will weigh in at 22-24 ounces, depending on the action cutout.

Though an ultralight, it is still guaranteed to handle the recoil of all magnum cartridges thru .300 Win Mag recoil level.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

SPECIFICATIONS
    Overall length of stock: 30.25″
    Approx standard fill weight: 24 oz
    Depth of action area: 1.9″ (this will vary depending on action model)
    Max diameter action: 1.4″
    Forearm width: 1.525″
    Grip width: 1.340″
    Buttstock width: 1.7″
    Drop @ comb: 5/8″

It's smiler to what I'm after, kinda after the carbon finished one, do you have one of the ones on that link for sale? If so how much feel free to pm me cheers

You know you can order and buy direct from McMillian ??, they ship out to nz

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    It's smiler to what I'm after, kinda after the carbon finished one, do you have one of the ones on that link for sale? If so how much feel free to pm me cheers
    Are you sure you re looking for a McMillian stock or do you mean a Stug Stock SG Gunstocks - Carbon Fibre Stocks - Home
    never seen an edge in other than black or olive ( I have an olive one)

looking for a stock for my Tikka what is better carbon fibre NZ made or a McMallian what is the noise level like when things hit the stock don't like the factory ones

LJP
    If you order direct from McMillan be prepared for up to a six month wait! Deadeye dicks stock quite a few, probably worth checking with kiwigreg or even get in contact with Greg Duley at NZ Hunter magazine. They use quite a few of these stocks & may have what you want on hand.

all the above can get them, but its a 6-9 month wait so just trying my luck to see if any one had one that they no longer needed, I know they do a one in a carbon fiber finish or a olive paint, so kinda keen on ether if I can get one other wise ill just have to jump on the waiting list for one yay, cheers all

try Senator stocks 3 - 4 week wait for carbon fibre stock

what do senator stocks cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    what do senator stocks cost?
    Goggle them, goes to their Facebook page, contact details are there.

B

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    McM will do any colour you want. The EDGETEC is made of carbon fibre and you can get them in the white with just a clear coat as you will often see.
    Try Manners too if you end up going new. They do a good Hunter stock (just not LH ).
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter