Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiwi Greg

Thread: WTB Model Seven Stock

  1. #1
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,833

    WTB Model Seven Stock

    Anyone have a Remington model 7 stock to sell? Would prefer something aftermarket (ie: stiffer in the forend than the factory stock) but will look at a factory synthetic as I may get Nathan Fosters stock stabiliser kit and have a go at stiffening one up myself. Cheers

  2. #2
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,833
    Non-magnum barrel channel (.260rem) cheers

  3. #3
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    20,693
    I put a laminated one on mine. Deadly now Remington Model Seven laminated rifle stock | Trade Me

  4. #4
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,613
    IIRC I have some at work.

    Original early heavy solid plastic, later model slightly lighter plastic, wooden maybe Walnut ?, McMillan & Stug.

  5. #5
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,833
    Could you PM me a bit of a price list Greg? Cheers

  6. #6
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,833
    Pretty interested in a Stug for it, plus maybe even one of the lighter factory synthetic ones just to have a go with this stabiliser

  7. #7
    Member Cartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Orepuki
    Posts
    1,630
    There was a laminated one on trade me for 100 bucks if your quick

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Member Cartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Orepuki
    Posts
    1,630
    Nah its gone

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    20,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    There was a laminated one on trade me for 100 bucks if your quick

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Might be the one I linked bro, went for $323

  10. #10
    Member hillclima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmy
    Posts
    582
    I have a laminated one here if you are interested

  11. #11
    Member Boar Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Above the Hutt
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Anyone have a Remington model 7 stock to sell? Would prefer something aftermarket (ie: stiffer in the forend than the factory stock) but will look at a factory synthetic as I may get Nathan Fosters stock stabiliser kit and have a go at stiffening one up myself. Cheers
    REMINGTON MODLE 7 STOCK | Trade Me
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

  12. #12
    Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gore
    Posts
    1,701
    I have a browns precision one, with pillars installed and bedded. Had an over sized recoil lug fitted so would likely need re-bedded. Fore end has been opened out completely and refilled with the stock stabilisation stuff you are talking about.

    Only 1 cosmetic issue... Stock cracked through where recoil lug sits. Has been repaired and I would say it's stronger than it was factory now. Used epoxy and screws. It hasn't been repainted so you can see the repair, if it was sanded and painted you would never know.

    If you are interested I can get some photos of it for you

    Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

  13. #13
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,833
    Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I have a browns precision one, with pillars installed and bedded. Had an over sized recoil lug fitted so would likely need re-bedded. Fore end has been opened out completely and refilled with the stock stabilisation stuff you are talking about.

    Only 1 cosmetic issue... Stock cracked through where recoil lug sits. Has been repaired and I would say it's stronger than it was factory now. Used epoxy and screws. It hasn't been repainted so you can see the repair, if it was sanded and painted you would never know.

    If you are interested I can get some photos of it for you

    Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Definately interested in having a look mate, ryansonghurst@hotmail.com

    Cheers

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Model 7 stock
    By Spanners in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-09-2015, 11:18 PM
  2. WTB - Steyr Model L stock
    By NZ_noddy in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-09-2015, 12:54 PM
  3. WTB wood model 7 stock
    By Gibo in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 03:46 PM
  4. wtb rem model 7 stock
    By Freezer in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-08-2014, 12:47 PM
  5. FS Sako A7 RH LA Stock not ST Model. Taken off new .270 WIN
    By KiwiinSeattle in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-09-2013, 09:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!