Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Moutere
  • 3 Post By Roy Lehndorf

Thread: WTB PLB

WTB PLB

Hi all

Looking at getting up a PLB. Does anyone have one they want to sell? I like the look of the McMurdo FastFind 220 but open to another model.

Cheers
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Load....Action....Instant ....Watch and Shoot! ishoot10s's Avatar
    A few of us got great deals through the member up Whangarei way, um, can't remember his handle, he has a web store.

Oh, it was @Fairgame and the PLB came with a first aid kit and a strobe and a helio mirror. Neat package. The beacon is a ResQLink and if you use it in earnest and write up your story for their web site, they replace it free.
    Last edited by ishoot10s; 04-10-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Be sure to ask how much calendar time left on the batteries if you buy 2nd hand.
    Not sure if there are any units where the battery change is encouraged by the end user.
    There was another thread where some one listed an AU based retailer selling NZ coded PLBs at a sharp price.
    phillipgr likes this.

Go rescue me brand , they are the light and small with the longest battery life of 7 years - I think its about $180 to recharge the battery each 7 years.

I now have one of these folowing my near miss during the roar, and personally this bit of kit wouldnt be soemthing id buy 2nd hand - its a one off life time expense that you need to work when the brown stuff starts flying
    GWH, Pengy and Hunt4life like this.
    Work Just Gets In The Way

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lehndorf View Post
    I now have one of these folowing my near miss during the roar, and personally this bit of kit wouldnt be soemthing id buy 2nd hand - its a one off life time expense that you need to work when the brown stuff starts flying
    Yeah I think you're probably right. I wouldn't rule out second hand, but when you factor in the battery replacement and warrantee, there might not be much in it between second hand and brand new anyways.
    Yeah nah bro

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    A few of us got great deals through the member up Whangarei way, um, can't remember his handle, he has a web store.

Oh, it was @Fairgame and the PLB came with a first aid kit and a strobe and a helio mirror. Neat package. The beacon is a ResQLink and if you use it in earnest and write up your story for their web site, they replace it free.
    Cheers, will give him a PM
    Yeah nah bro