Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tikka7mm08

Thread: WTB Ruger model 44 magunm

WTB Ruger model 44 magunm

I am after a Ruger model 44 magnum carbine. semi auto. thought I would see what's available.

Caretaker
    There was one in Palmerston North hunting n fishing a month ago in the second hand rack
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I have a customer who kills a lot of deer and pigs with a Ruger bolt action .44mag, Gunworks suppressor, and Pulsar Forward DN55 night vision attachment. I've always fancied the Ruger Deerfield semi-auto .44 mag. They look really handy, but I've never even had the chance to hold one. They seem pretty rare. I'm not even sure if this model is still in production.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    I know where there is one for sale. I will do some asking and see if has been sold or not.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

I've got one that is in really excellent condition for its age (mine is one of the original, tube magazine 'Ruger Carbines' rather than the more recent version which is more mini 14/M1 style with a rotary magazine. Some people have had problems with the latter - although obviously don't rely on the expertise of Google too much as I'm sure they are fine).

From memory the serial number on mine dates from 1964. I bought mine relatively recently and wasn't thinking of selling it, but possibly could be for the right money as, to be honest, it was a bit of an impulse buy - I don't pig hunt and don't do much in the way of bush stalking.

One issue. I am effectively now overseas until mid January... if you don't have one by then, send me a PM .

Alternatively, Guncity had a rougher one in stock last weekend when I was in there.

Make sure that you have a really good look at the stock as they tend to crack from the back of the receiver into the pistol grip

Thanks for the replies , Have talked to Gun City but that one is a bit out of my price range.

Good luck, the Deerfield (rotary mag) is very rare in NZ (I can't recall seeing one other than mine on TM but there must've been?) - made 2000 - 2006 IIRC. This is mine, it loves 240gn JHP, but mainly sits in the back off the safe.
    Bryan likes this.