Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chainsaw
  • 1 Post By WillB
  • 1 Post By Cordite
  • 1 Post By birch

Thread: wtb vortex binos

wtb vortex binos

so i took the rifle for a walk on the weekend, and not only did i not get any thing but i lost something... put my binos down and lost em, bugger.
    so im on the hunt for some 10x40/10x42 binos, i had vortex crossfire which were great but i thought before i go and buy a new set i would see if anyone on here has any binos of that size for sale, dont have to be vortex but i do like them... whats out there?? cheers

got a pair of Nikon Monarch 10x42's - older model ~7-8 yrs old. Top end Nikon gear ~$1200 at the time, excellent optics. In very good condition, glass no marks or scratches, always carried in bino bivy. Yours for $500. I've upgraded to RF bino
    dannyb likes this.

thanks for the offer chainsaw, its a good price but i can get a new pair of vortex for less , i do have a bias towards them, thanks again anyway

bump

bump

and again bump, im not having much luck am i..., maybe the universe is telling me to give up on vortex???

Get some of these -- especially as you'll keep leaving them places... you know, the older you get...(-:

Ive got some Vortex Crossfire still in the plastic wrap - but they are 8x40 - $220 + post

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Get some of these -- especially as you'll keep leaving them places... you know, the older you get...(-:
    haha, funny thing was i had told my brother in law a couple of hours earler, to check that you havent left anything behind as you go from spot to spot, i cant find a nz retailer, look like a not bad bit of kit tho.

Quote Originally Posted by muzr257 View Post
    Ive got some Vortex Crossfire still in the plastic wrap - but they are 8x40 - $220 + post
    thanks for the offer and your just up the road too, but really need 10x otherwise i would have been keen as.

Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    haha, funny thing was i had told my brother in law a couple of hours earler, to check that you havent left anything behind as you go from spot to spot, i cant find a nz retailer, look like a not bad bit of kit tho.
    They mistakenly sell them as great beginner binos, but they are good for beginners precisely because they are good!
    They should really mention in their blurb that 6x30s were standard kit for US, UK, Axis and Soviets in WW2, except that then they had uncoated lenses and prisms back then. The Japanese have a "Don't mention the war" mentality though. I have a pair of post-war Yugoslav Army Zrak 6x30s myself. Pleasure to use except they are unfashionable.

I have a pair of 6x30 Leupold Yosemites which cost somewhere round $200 I think? They were my first binos and I still really like them although I don’t use them anymore. Amazingly good binos especially at that price.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WillB View Post
    I have a pair of 6x30 Leupold Yosemites which cost somewhere round $200 I think? They were my first binos and I still really like them although I don’t use them anymore. Amazingly good binos especially at that price.
    Made the point elsewhere, "low" magnification binos are lightweight, bright, shake free, easy to use with glasses, and excellent for glassing an area due to their wide view. Occasionally there's something you can't quite make out, and for that you already carry a powerful monocular mounted on a rifle with bipod for a steady high magnification look.
    WillB likes this.

cheers for your info, and i do get your point but 10x does suit me
    Cordite likes this.