Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

WTB waratah fence standards

Im after half a dozen waratahs, around 1.5m, doesnt have to be anything flash as they are going to be buried 100% (anchors for retaining wall)

Happy to pay with cash/pinecones/booze/chainsaw services, Can pick up anywhere 1/2hr of Rotorua

Cheers

if you are just gonna burry them it is cheaper to buy a length of angle from your steel merchant and cut them to the length you want. if not then try Asmuss steel in the mount they sell them for cheaper than RD1 etc.
    I have only got one here that you can have. its a bit bent, but still usable.
    SOMETIMES I QUESTION MY SANITY......OCCASIONALLY IT ANSWERS BACK .!

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    if you are just gonna burry them it is cheaper to buy a length of angle from your steel merchant and cut them to the length you want. if not then try Asmuss steel in the mount they sell them for cheaper than RD1 etc.
    I have only got one here that you can have. its a bit bent, but still usable.
    Yea I thought about raiding the scrap bin at work but wasnt sure on the grade of steel, I dont want it rusting out in a couple of years. But yea I guess a chunk of 50x5 angle would hold up alright aye?

should do fine, I would even use 3 or 4mm 50x50 angle or 40 x 5 . the waratahs are a different grade of steel that handle the weather a bit better but if you slap some good zink based paint on the angle first they will last fine. For rust to happen oxygen is required so berried steel actual lasts ok. I have bits of angle slamed into the ground that have timber bolted to them above ground and they have been there for 4 years without any signs of major rust, and they have no paint at all.
    SOMETIMES I QUESTION MY SANITY......OCCASIONALLY IT ANSWERS BACK .!

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    should do fine, I would even use 3 or 4mm 50x50 angle or 40 x 5 . the waratahs are a different grade of steel that handle the weather a bit better but if you slap some good zink based paint on the angle first they will last fine. For rust to happen oxygen is required so berried steel actual lasts ok. I have bits of angle slamed into the ground that have timber bolted to them above ground and they have been there for 4 years without any signs of major rust, and they have no paint at all.
    Time to get my seagull on an do some bin diving!

Quote Originally Posted by big_foot View Post
    Time to get my seagull on an do some bin diving!
    Ka kaw!! Ka kaw!!