Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

WTS .300 Win Mag target rifle

Moving up in the world (to a .338 Lapua) and i'm selling my beloved .300 Winchester Magnum to fund it. It is a trued Winchester model 70 Long Action, post-64, but not the newer "classic" one, i.e.; it is a push feed. Barrel is a 25", 1/10" twist, stainless Trueflight ultra match if I remember correctly, threaded but suppressor not included. It is bedded and free-floating in a black Choate "Ultimate Varminter" stock, I have had the trigger replaced with a Timney, and the firing pin and spring replaced with a Tubb Speedlock pin and spring, but the original parts will be included. An EGW 20 MOA rail is mounted on it. The bore looks good, I bought the rifle second hand so I don't know exactly how many rounds have been through the barrel, but I have fired about 400, most of them hand-loads, it likes the 230 Berger OTM hybrids. I will update with photos as soon as I can, I am looking for around $2200 but that is negotiable, I am in Dunedin, PM me if you would like to view it, or have any questions, thanks.

Maybe put up some pics mate. Seems to help things along and someone will ask sooner or later Good luck.

Name:  P1010766.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  907.2 KB
    Updated with photo, scope and bipod not included, test-fires (Dunedin) and offers welcome. Let me know if there are photos of specific parts I should add

Looking for $2000, Included are 30mm Burris Zee rings with inserts for different elevation

Name:  P1010768.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  976.4 KB

Suppressor and 248 once- and twice- fired brass also available, with the rifle or separately, open to offers

The rings, projectiles and brass are spoken for, but I'll part with the rifle and suppressor for $1900. Replacement cost would be $2400 or more but I need it gone as I've already bought a .338LM and the bank balance is looking a little unhealthy.

I will take $1700 for it, or could be keen to swap for a Tigr(SVD) or a half-decent AR-15,
    cheers