Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mauser308

Thread: WTS Remington 700 Long Action, brand new

WTS Remington 700 Long Action, brand new

Ok, due to recent purchase made without pre-approval from my beloved and with the arrival of my new daughter I'm looking to sell my project action. Realistically I'm not in a position to do anything with this - my loss...

It's a brand new, Rem700 LA recent manufacture G-serial blued steel, with a Lapua Magnum-sized bolt face and Sako-type claw extractor (I think it's sako, the longer claw type is the M16 one?). I understand it's possible to solder a ring inside the bolt face to accept the smaller magnums and simply fit the next size down Sako claw. Otherwise, a PTG LA magnum bolt body is available if you don't want to use the LM cartridge.

Action has the Xmark trigger (the good one without the bloody screw in the trigger, but still has the smooth face). Silver alloy BDL-type bottom metal and factory internal mag box, I was planning on getting an extended internal mag box fitted rather than the 5-round single stack detachable mag (which is limiting for length and sticks out a long way). BDL is better for single feeding I've found as well.

Remington MLR stock, the one with the full-length bedding block and the offset palm swell for a right-handed shooter. Two sling studs on the beavertail foreend and there's an extended 20moa Weaver rail.

There's a PTG 8/10 recoil lug, .250 taper SS needs to be fitted.

Basically all that this needs is a barrel + action and stock fitting and done. The action hasn't been trued yet as this is best to be done when the barrel is fitted for the obvious reasons. Mag feed rails haven't been altered either might need a tweak for whatever cartridge it's chambered for. The factory internal mag box will likely need the window ports cut in for the wider case dimensions if you plan to use it, the Wyatt's extended has those already.

I have a .300 RUM barrel new but there's a question mark over that, can throw it in if the buyer wants it. I was originally going to get it cut back to .300WSM, would be perfect for that or check it out and make sure it's good and use as is?

$1650 Neg, may trade if it's something I can sell easily...

I'll add a note - to get all the parts out of the US and mod the bolt ran somewhere around the US$1450 mark + shipping, easier than buying a SPS locally and flogging the bits off and a better option than getting an old rifle of dubious condition.

Photo's:

Name:  Action.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  617.5 KB
    Name:  Bolt nose 1.JPG
Views: 715
Size:  619.0 KB
    Name:  Stock RHS closeup.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  702.4 KB
    Name:  Stock RHS.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  745.7 KB

As I said, negotiable on this - put your offer or trade forward; the worst that can happen is an outright no!

Would you sell bottom metal separate?

Possibly, prefer to sell the lot together. If I don't get any interest I'll let you know.

You have a 7mm barrel lying about to suit?
    Dan M

Ah, nope to that one but they do come up regularly on TM (I sold one a few years back). I would suggest that for the cost of a new Trueflite ultramatch or similar this would come in at well under the price of a new 700 Sendero or Longrange and actually be a reliable shooter... I was going to hang a .338 tube off it for the .338LM cartridge, but I already have a .338LM rifle that's a shooter so the project kind of stalled. Cheers
    WallyR likes this.

hi after a rem700 action for a 338 build?