Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: WTS: Weatherby Vanguard 7mmRM

WTS: Weatherby Vanguard 7mmRM

Hey Guys

Decided I need to sell my Weatherby Vanguard as it is not really my style and want to get something more "traditional!"

She is a Stainless steel 7mm Rem Mag, glass bedded in a Boyd's pepper laminate prairie hunter stock
    It can come with either a timney trigger or for less money I will fit the mk2 howa trigger which is very good but not quite as good as the timney.

She has had about 150 rounds through her and bore is still mint and groups really well.

Name:  07102011(001).jpg
Views: 2339
Size:  147.8 KB
    Name:  07102011.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  182.5 KB

Please note the scope and bipod are not included but could include a Nikko Sterling Gameking 3-9x40 basically brand new if wanted.

Unfortunately the stock has some scratches on the left side of the forend from a buckle on a pack that has now been binned! They are just trhoughthe finish so could easily be sanded and refinished.

It will include a set of lee dies (FL siziing, seating and factory crimp) and a hornady neck sizing die
    Also 37 handloads of barnes 150gr ttsx at 2950fps which group just under an inch and 29 handloads of 162 gr amaxs at 2850fps which I have shot half inch 5 shot groups with and had first round V ring hits at 600y with.
    There is also about 70 unloaded 160gr amaxs and a handfull of brass.
    All load data and ballistics charts for the loads to go with the rifle.

Was thinking around a $1000ish considering all the stuff it comes with but make an offer if you think it is too much or would be interested in swapping for a Brno ZKK in 7x57, 7x64, .308 or .30-06 in good condition.

Cheers guys!

Oh, and I won't blacklist you if you ask questions!
    BRADS likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Forgot to add, also has a black leather sling with uncle mikes swivels leapols bases and 1" burris zee rings.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

what sort of groupings are u getting and what pills ?

Hey mate

As above, the TTSXs are around 1moa and I have had half inch 5 shot groups with the 162amax (not saying she is a half moa rifle as I have not shot nearly enough to varify that but half moa groups have been achieved) and first round V ring hits on the 600m range at NRA.

Cheers

Pitty my Brno zkk 601 is only a 243. I haven't had a chance to drop those 223 rounds off yet, always running behind time when im goin past.

Haha, no worries mate, yeah pity, would have made an easy trade!

Could rebarrell it in 308 or 7mm08, it has the single set trigger also.

Part swap my 308?1

Hey drunkfish, what. 308 is it) have you got some pics?

Quote Originally Posted by RUSTY View Post
    Could rebarrell it in 308 or 7mm08, it has the single set trigger also.
    Becomes quite a mission moving the iron sights and rebluing and after the cost of rebarreling i could keep the 7mm and just buy a brno!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Hey drunkfish, what. 308 is it) have you got some pics?
    Sorry, found it, cheers for the offer but really after something blued, with controlled feed and iron sights.

Cheers mate, hope someone grabs it because that is a good rifle for the money!

All good bro. Good luck with sale

6.5x55 Swedish Mauser..

Cheers, a k98 would be interesting , not really my thing the 96. Thanks though!

One thing that I should mention about the handloads is that the ttsx's shoot to poa at 100m and the amax are exactly 1" high at 100m, so no need to rezero when switching loads.

Do you guys think it is too much? I thought it was reasonable considering all the gear it has with it?
    Happy for someone to make me an offer.

Cheers guys!