Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Zastava m70 stock and barrel

Hi guys

Due to dismounting a polaris unexpectedly, my rifle and me are a bit worse for wear. I picked the gravel out of my knee, my rifle is fucked however.

I need a stock for my model 70 zastava. It is based off the mauser action. Would prefer wood but synthetic will do.

I also need a barrel, I want to rebarrel the thing in a safari caliber. Was thinking 458winmag as there is a video of a guy on youtube with the same thing.

I am also selling a 7mm08 zastava barrel that could be shortened, a pistol grip field mod zastava model 70 stock (still A cat length), and a bent vortex crossfire 2.

Very interested is whats out there. Thanks

Just wanted to add it is the hunting rifle, not the ak47 m70 from zastava.

https://www.guncity.com/7mm-08-zasta...nthetic-247555

I picked up a Boyds large ring Mauser 98 stock that just needs a little inletting for the side safety for mine.

Also look out for the Charles Day Nauser Mark-X.

They come up every now and then on special.
    Last edited by gadgetman; 12-06-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Your probably better off going for a Trueflite barrel in regards to getting it fixed asap. Give Grant and the team a bell-068683450

how much do you want for the scope ? or is it smashed ?

The scope was bent down severely at the back end so that it was touching the action. And likely bent down a little at front. The zoom still works and it focuses fine, the back end is nearly bent back into place. The crosshair appears to have rotated only a couple of degrees.

I paid 200 odd for it off a forum member.

Thanks I will look at those.

Will I be able to use most mauser 98 stocks? I am handy and can remove a little material no problem or build up some bedding with epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    Thanks I will look at those.

Will I be able to use most mauser 98 stocks? I am handy and can remove a little material no problem or build up some bedding with epoxy.
    I think so. I haven't seen any apart from the Boyds one I bought. The action screws are the same spacing, the floor plate fits, everything else is in the right place, even the scope base spacing is the same. I bought an EGW rail and it fitted.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

can you post a photo of it so we can be more helpful in our recommendations/laugh at your misfortune

Im curious to know how bent the barrel is and if it is worth cutting it short and suppressing it rather than going the full rebarrel route

Id be looking to see if the action was bent after the fall too before going to too much trouble

Name:  broken.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  156.8 KB

The barrel has had a good strike on the crown. It doesn't appear to have changed the roundness of the crown to an oval, but it would definitely need an inch taken off before firing. I don't think the action or barrel are bent, it is pretty tough and it wouldn't have been at more than 45 or 50kmph onto gravel road.

I have decided I no longer want to shoot 7mm08. I would rather get a .308 hunting rifle as reloading will be more versatile for my applications when I get around to it, and factory ammo is cheaper until then.

So now I am looking at deals on a barrel blank or partially finished towards .458winmag.

Vortex offer a lifetime transferable warranty that covers "stupid" etc and if it cant be fixed its replaced. You should put it to the test rather than someone else try to claim a new scope.