Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wurzelmangler
  • 1 Post By Cowboy06

Thread: Zeiss HD5 5-25 x 50

Zeiss HD5 5-25 x 50

Decided to move on my Zeiss HD5 5-25 x 50mm. Most of my shooting is within 300 - 400 yds so it's really a bit much scope. Used mainly on a range queen 220 Swift for a couple of years but has been on a 300 Win Mag for the last few months. Lenses good as far as I can see. Did a vertical tracking test with the Swift, will post an image. Haven't box tested. We were also shooting at rocks a week ago with the 300 Win mag, out to around 900 yards, and it appeared to track vertically OK - the Win Mag was shooting a little flatter than my chart indicated (due, I think, to warm temp + altitude + slight uphill angle).

Has the #20 reticle, which is a standard crosshair with fairly thick outer bars but a fine inner crosshair. Came with 2 zero stop screws, one of which I have just fitted to take pics. The zero stop only allows about 16.5 MOA of elevation, so I ended up using the scope without the zero stop fitted - lucky, as I needed about 19 MOA at 900 yards. Don't have the manual for it, I can't even remember it coming with one but will have a look around just in case.

It has never been hunted with in a serious way so the exterior is good as per images. Asking $1000 delivered, although prefer pickup so buyer can give it the once over. PM if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Wurzelmangler; 07-01-2019 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added extra image
    WallyR likes this.

is this still available ?

How did the zero stop give you less elevation?

HD5

Hi, slow reply, my gmail account decided to put the forum message notification email into the spam folder, and I've only just found it. Scope is back on my 220 Swift but that rifle gets very little use so if you are keen at $1000 delivered drop me a PM. Cheers, D.

@Kenebene1 with the zero stop screw in place it limits elevation to 1 turn or 16.7moa. With it removed it will give access to all of the scopes adjustment but it can also go below your zero setting.
    WallyR likes this.

Thanks for explaining that... :-)

Sold...