Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

10/22 for a CZ 455

so i'm looking at giving the 10/22 the biff, i tried to do a 10/22 project i got as far as boyds barracuda stock trigger work done bolt buffer polished up the alloy etc looks nice but yet i always find myself grabbing the old dirty jw15 that i paid 150 bux for every time over the 10/22.
    so i thought why not get rid of it and splash out on a CZ. very keen on my jw15 love it to bits! how much better is a CZ the jw15 besides the stock is incredible really.
    also i like the idea of the CZ 455 as you can change the barrels between .17hmr 22mag and 22.
    so basically i just came here to be pushed over the edge and do it ! do i wanna sell the 10/22 cause i have been tempted to get a nice barrel for it but i think its more the fact its semi, i like the bolt action seem more sporting and fun.

My 10/22 gets used once or twice a week. That thing has killed a lot of bunnies and possums. I totally get what you mean about having a bolt action though... it seems like you deserve your kill a bit more. I'm hunting around for a bolt 22 at the moment as well.

I've owned a JW15 and wasn't impressed, but I also happen to have a CZ452 (but in .17HMR) and that is a NICE gun.

Here's a comparison/review of the 452 and 455.
    CZ 452 American vs. CZ 455 American (pic heavy) - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Don't fool yourself into thinking you'll use the switch barrel feature. Having to re-sight your scope for each swap out would be a massive pain, and once you have the 17hmr barrel on there, suppressed, you'll never use the other two.

true never really considered about scope being out etc, also i think i've been abit harsh on the 10/22 i mean i'm comparing pears with apples completely different actions but yes bolt actions are more satisfying, but as a tool 10/22 more practical. anyway yes ive heard some people hate jw15s i think it comes down to quality control some people get good ones others junk. i really like the look of 17 hmr tho neat little round! and in a cz is it a beauty!