Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By P38
  • 1 Post By marky123
  • 1 Post By Hades
  • 1 Post By Steve123
  • 2 Post By Hades

Thread: 1943 M1 Carbine on tardme @ $1200+ so far

1943 M1 Carbine on tardme @ $1200+ so far

Have been watching a 1943 Irwin-Pedersen M1 Carbine go through to $1200+ so far, How far do you think it will go ??
    I know Irwin-Pedersen's are rare M1's but are they really worth that sort of money ???

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    Have been watching a 1943 Irwin-Pedersen M1 Carbine go through to $1200+ so far, How far do you think it will go ??
    I know Irwin-Pedersen's are rare M1's but are they really worth that sort of money ???
    One person thinks so.

Cheers
    Pete
    shooternz and Tommy like this.

I'll see your rare irwinschmerwin and raise you this
    M14 308. Sniper set up | Trade Me
    because...sniper
    Natatale likes this.

Well it looks like a couple of collectors are at it, now just under $1800

Eek!! I can think of a few things that I'd rather spend $1800 on.

Interesting read:

--M1 Carbines 50,000 (IP, did not make the M2, M3, T3, or M1A1 Carbines) : About 0% of M1 Carbines made. (Due to the fact that no completed IP carbines were ever accepted by the Ordinance Department.)

--No complete Irwin-Pederson rifle were ever accepted by the U.S. Government. Any completed Irwin-Pederson rifles were most likely reassembled and reinspected by Saginaw (S'G') after they took over the contracts.

--Irwin-Pederson did not meet the standards of the Government and their contracts were canceled on March 27th and Saginaw (S'G') took over on April 1st, 1943. Mixed Irwin-Pederson and Saginaw (S'G') parts can be found in these Carbines, but later carbines will have less IP parts because they used up all the IP parts.

I thought my IBM was rare being one of the 5.7% of these produced but looks like this would be a collectors item.
    Natatale likes this.

[QUOTE=Hades;431743]Interesting read:
    Yep read the same article, and looked up a few M1 forums as well, was looking at purchasing it up to $750, looks like I under estimated the completion for it

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Interesting read:

--M1 Carbines 50,000 (IP, did not make the M2, M3, T3, or M1A1 Carbines) : About 0% of M1 Carbines made. (Due to the fact that no completed IP carbines were ever accepted by the Ordinance Department.)

--No complete Irwin-Pederson rifle were ever accepted by the U.S. Government. Any completed Irwin-Pederson rifles were most likely reassembled and reinspected by Saginaw (S'G') after they took over the contracts.

--Irwin-Pederson did not meet the standards of the Government and their contracts were canceled on March 27th and Saginaw (S'G') took over on April 1st, 1943. Mixed Irwin-Pederson and Saginaw (S'G') parts can be found in these Carbines, but later carbines will have less IP parts because they used up all the IP parts.

I thought my IBM was rare being one of the 5.7% of these produced but looks like this would be a collectors item.
    So because it was originally a piece of shit now its worth more than one that was good enough?
    Odd
    Skatieguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marky123 View Post
    I'll see your rare irwinschmerwin and raise you this
    M14 308. Sniper set up | Trade Me
    because...sniper
    Enjoy it while it's there, chances are TM will yank it because of this :
    Is this rifle currently registered "E" cat? Just asking in relation to the flash suppressor 10:07 am, Sat 16 Jan
    It is on range . . . With a current R.S.O. But comes off when I leave . And I'll put the suppressor or a crown nut back on it to protect the thread 11:10 am, Sat 16 Jan
    'Sniper' and variable E cat status, or Engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post

Wow, that's interesting to read. Is there a link available for this pls ? Really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Wow, that's interesting to read. Is there a link available for this pls ? Really curious.

A little history of Irwin-Pederson and its carbines. : Irwin Pedersen

It's a bit like coin collecting I guess. Get ones with a flaw in the forging and it's worth a heap. Or double struck ones.

CRAP- Collectible Rare Art Pieces
    Steve123 and Skatieguy like this.

Cool, thanks.