Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Tentman
  • 1 Post By Tommy
  • 1 Post By viper
  • 1 Post By Tommy

Thread: 22 Nirvana

22 Nirvana

Over a couple of years I've played with a lot of 22's to find the "right one". I'm a walnut and blued steel snob so that eliminated a lot of possibilities (I did try a Marlin 795 and its brother the heavy barrel M7000, and once had a Ruger 10/22, as well as a high end 10/22 clone). I also decided aways into the project that I didn't like tube mags (so that was the end of a nice little Miroku copy of an SA-22).

I did report on acquiring this one, but didn't confess that it was going to get a "chop" as I thought I might weaken and not be able to go through with it (I have had a couple in that category).

As is, this is a beaut wee rifle, as accurate as any Brno bolt 22 I've had, reliable with subs and std velocity, carries beautifully, and best of all, has a neat single shot feature that you can "switch on" to hold the bolt open after every shot, to go again just press a button down. Damm I like it, its a keeper. Only issue is magazines, mine is 5 which is fine for me (I've seen 10's and 15's, and some people say there are 20's), but they are like rocking horse shit so don't lose one.

Name:  20180319_213818[1].jpg
Views: 316
Size:  1.11 MB
    Marty Henry, Fireflite and csmiffy like this.

Great looking wee rifle @Tentman, nice to have something a little different....check with @gundoc he may know where some magazines are...

I secured 2 Ruger 96/22's last year, one in LR the other in WMR which I have an interchangable 17HMR barrel for it... both are blued wood but I updated both with boyds stocks and cerakoted.

Only thing wrong with them is the trigger imo but your one isnt blued and looks a little different so have you done work on it? They also came factory threaded and with a nice slim little supressor but I guess 25 odd inches of barrel can be a bit much at times.
    Welcome to the unique club Tentman.

I had one a few years back, very nice rifles, very different to the usual Ruger, Stirling etc
    Still have a new 'Unique' branded suppressor sitting in the cupboard. PM me if you're interested.

So what is it?
    Scouser likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Its a Unique x-51 BIS, slightly odd in that it doesn't have the very bright blue (except in a couple of places) that most I've seen have - it has a un-usual matt/dull blue/blacking. Thanks for the offer of the suppressor but I'll leave that for a collector etc.

Yeah amazing little rifles, I love mine and it's a joy to carry and use. I agree the triggers aren't great and lack feel but with use you do adapt to them.
    Look after it @Tentman as they are becoming hard to find and collectible.

Mine in action. Bloody accurate and very reliable . A joy to use.Name:  DSC_0078.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  5.02 MB
    Scouser likes this.

viper likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt