Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: .22 suppressor

.22 suppressor

Has anyone used a DPT .22 rimfire suppressor? Wondering how effective they are with normal L.R. ammo.

Yep, not bad really.

Bloody nicely made as per!

Yep they work well,can run hypersonic thru them as well.,most can’t .

Thanks for the input. Figured they'd be good. I run DPT on my centre fire rifles and would recommend them to anyone.

Ive put my .223 spartan suppressor on the .22lr for grins and giggles,cant say it quieter than normal manders one but it sure wasnt louder.

the manders ones are bloody awful, wai t till you have a baffle move and get hit by the projectile. it blew the end clear off

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    the manders ones are bloody awful, wai t till you have a baffle move and get hit by the projectile. it blew the end clear off
    hate to pop your bubble but ive had one fitted on my toz17 .22 for nigh on 30yrs now and it has never ,ever given me one iota of trouble.paulus himself did the job -its had 1000s of rounds through that rifle and its a bloody sight quieter than even my airr ifle .had to be for ive had to put more than one of the kids pets down over the years and its done the job.
    Micky Duck likes this.

mine improoved no end once I took the spare thread protector OUT of it...they in there for storage when shipped and I never twigged as rifle it came with already had one on,it wasnt till I read instructions one bored afternoon when I gave it a clean that we twigged to the extra part LOL
    Pengy likes this.

The DPT rimfire is a great suppressor.
    Parker Hale is another really good one.

I've had a little play building my own with different baffles-a little heavier than I'd like but all steel so....anyway haven't tried supersonics but I have no doubt they would be ok
    a little over barrel (maybe 50mm) with a little ported blast chamber ahead of the muzzle with several baffles ahead-one has a couple of K baffles and one has flat jobbies-both pretty quiet but got nothing to compare to. sorry off topic apologies.

the trouble with supers is the same as with centrefire...you can trap all the exhaust type gases as subsequent explosion noise but you cant get rid of the supersonic crack caused by projectile going above the sound barrier so no matter how good your can it will only be so quiet before you "hit the wall" so to speak.
    gonetropo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    hate to pop your bubble but ive had one fitted on my toz17 .22 for nigh on 30yrs now and it has never ,ever given me one iota of trouble.paulus himself did the job -its had 1000s of rounds through that rifle and its a bloody sight quieter than even my airr ifle .had to be for ive had to put more than one of the kids pets down over the years and its done the job.
    well mine lasted well under 500 rounds, went down and bought one of "gundocs" and thats had more rounds thru it than i care to remember with never an issue.

I have one I use with a browning pump 22 and savage bolt 22. Does a great job, with CCI Quiets all you here is the click of the trigger then the report of the impact.

father in law has a parker hale one, bloody nice
    me and the missus still use WCG's (gundocs). occasionally they get pulled apart and cleaned, dried and reassembled . shooting mate has a DPT, seems pretty good too. but as mentioned earlier it only silences the muzzle blast and will not stop the projectile making a crack if its faster than the speed of sound. however with supersonic ammo the animal isnt quite as sure as where the noise came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Ive put my .223 spartan suppressor on the .22lr for grins and giggles,cant say it quieter than normal manders one but it sure wasnt louder.
    Hi,

Just as a general note, I would not recommend using a centrefire suppressor very long on .22LR, as they can easily get a lot of fouling in them.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors
    WallyR likes this.