Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree38Likes
  • 10 Post By gundoc
  • 4 Post By Geoffm
  • 24 Post By gundoc

Thread: .223 Remington pump action owners

.223 Remington pump action owners

As the new act has been passed, all centre-fire pump action rifles with detachable magazines will become prohibited. I have designed a captive magazine system for the .223 Remingtons that will comply with the new law (10 shot, stripper clip loaded) and am trying to gauge interest to see if they are worth putting into production. They wont be cheap (probably $250-300) but will be quality manufacture, not involving any modification to the rifle but merely be a bolt-in item using existing screws. What is the level of interest?

I'm in, put me down for one.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

If it works with the Troy I may be interested.
    Hit the hills, live the BushLife!

https://bushlifenz.com

I woudl be interested to see if the Police allow it. They wouldn't allow straight pull AR guns, even if it was impossible to convert them to semi auto. Remember they make up the rules now to suit themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffm View Post
    I woudl be interested to see if the Police allow it. They wouldn't allow straight pull AR guns, even if it was impossible to convert them to semi auto. Remember they make up the rules now to suit themselves.
    I don't plan on asking them as it is none of their business! I am interested in manufacturing a product that complies with the new law. Years ago I designed a grip for L1A1 SLR's that complied with the law as it was written, and foolishly sent one sample to PNHQ for their comments. I still have their letter which accused me of not abiding by 'the spirit of the law' and then admitting that it complied with the statutory definition. Our laws are required to be written and understood in 'plain English', a subject I did quite well at in school. I don't write the laws but try and follow them to the letter (especially when they are written by the ill-informed)!
    dogmatix, nor-west, Trout and 21 others like this.

I will take one for my remington
    Just finished setting it up. Pm me if you are still pursuing these as happy to pay in advance for the fixed mag
    Would be great if it can take stripper clips