Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Tentman

Thread: 30 Herrett/30 Herrett AR

30 Herrett/30 Herrett AR

Hello Guys

Does anyone know of a 30 Herrett reamer in NZ, or 30 Herrett dies . . . . I'm pondering!

I have dies & case forming gear. PM me. may know where there is a reamer

I'd be interested in knowing where a reamer is too, might make me buy a barrel and give it a turn....

if you do google search on cartridge there is link to castboolits.....follow nose around and will see link to 30/30 in contender and its an interesting read,the wee wadcutters look like a fun/useful sort of loading..... other than being diferent,it looks like ONLY advantage of the herrit is less fireball out of 10" barrel,so if your barrel is longer than 10" it would be step backwards,you can size off shoulder on 30/30 just the same,and that long neck MUST help start pill out straight.
    just my 2 cents after half hour of reading up on it today.
    Tentman likes this.

I kinda agree MD but - a long time ago I sent a Tikka action to a friend to be rebarrelled (223 boltface) but he took so long I got another 223. So he suggested I use it to build a 300 Blk as he had a spare 15" length of barrel - seemed like a good idea so I said yes. Well a lot more time passed and you guessed it, I got a Contender 300 Blk, but he'd already started the Tikka. Some more time has passed and the Tikka is now done in 300 Blk, so I was trying to think what to do with it.

I have masses of 6.8 SPC brass and since the 30 Herrett AR is simply a rimless 30 Herrett or a necked up 6.8 SPC I was thinking maybe I could have the Tikka opened out - It'd make a very efficient and dandy boys rifle and be a wee (well quite a bit actually) bit different!

For all intents and purposes a true 30 cal 7.62x39 . . . .
    Micky Duck likes this.