Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 303 value???

303 value???

Have been asked by a mate to find some info on the value on his 303 he wants to part with. All the info i have is that it is fully wooded , never fired , and has got the bayonette to go with it. From what i can gather it has been stored in a greese tube. And was purchaced from the british army many years ago.
    Any ideas on what a value might be??
    SOMETIMES I QUESTION MY SANITY......OCCASIONALLY IT ANSWERS BACK .!

Unissued, quite a bit

What type. No4, smle and what markings.
    Different rifles have different values

res
    Photos are gold, if it is still in the "grease tube" don't open it without first posting a photo.

The factory packaging may have a label at the but with the info we are after.
    steven likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Do all the serial numbers match, receiver, bolt, bayonet, magazine, furniture.....if yes, shes worth serious coin.....give you a 'hundy' for her!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Bugger that Scouser guy I'll give you three fiddy for it. Don't think anyone will offer you much more so you should just take my offer.
    Scouser and BruceY like this.

$351, there ya go...
    BruceY likes this.

Have got some pics coming.
    res likes this.
    SOMETIMES I QUESTION MY SANITY......OCCASIONALLY IT ANSWERS BACK .!

As Res says if its in the wraps DO NOT REMOVE THEM, doing so could cost you $400+

Otherwise I would have to see it.

As a rule of thumb most No4s are ex-NZ army guns. Ive never seen one still in the grease that stacked up, more than a few claims of that. It is probably a 1942 LongBranch No4 mk1* as that is 80% of the guns Ive seen and they mostly have had a hard to very hard life with knackered bores and dinged to f*** wood and shoot like crap. Value, anything from $0 to $800, Typically $300. TM is probably your best bet. If its a No4 mk2 bought ex-service in the 1950s and is still in wraps with its tags, $1500+ maybe $2K+
    Last edited by steven; 24-03-2015 at 09:38 PM.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

res
    A good guide to a in the wrap no4mk2 would be the one in the upcoming "teds" auction in Wellington

Photo will help everyone out and stop the guessing game.
    I'm hoping its a ni4mk2 but that just because I would like to buy another one
    Using Tapatalk

When TSK and I talked about these on Monday he said they have not been taken out of the packing since purchased from the British Army.....still in grease. We threw all sorts of numbers around but decided we both new f all about them. This is interesting

There was a fairly large batch of new, in the wrapper, .303 No4 Mk 2 rifles (made in the early '50's) released onto the market a few years ago, ex Irish Army stores. These turn up for sale here quite often at auctions and sell in the $600-700 range. To maintain their value, they need to be kept unwrapped and unfired. The moment you use it, it becomes just another No4 in excellent order and only worth $400-500.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    they
    Is this misspoken or is there more than one of these that tsk is parting with?

If it is in factory packaging then it is unlikely to be anything other than a No4Mk2
    If it is,I have bought 3 of these in the wrap in the last few years so I'll list what I paid to try and help with value

1: four years ago as a private sale after looking for a long time and I was prepared to pay whatever it took to get one. Paid $1200

2: three years ago at auction for $670 with no bayonet and a fairly tart wrap but still sealed-not sure the price included the buyers premium or not.

3: under a year ago on Trademe for $1001

I have sold one of them to someone who begged me for $1500-this was a price I said to discourage him from buying it but he had been looking for a while

So I think Stevens price estimated range is a slightly high unless a biding war started-and they are the sort of thing that that could happen on as while there is plenty of them in NZ they aren't something you can pick up whenever you want and more and more of them are being unwrapped to be used as shooters.
    Twoshotkill likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Sorry 'it'.

Anyone know what happened to the pair of matching and consecutively numbered enfeilds? Was on trademe for ages.

Ah nzhs, all those giggles we had about taking military rifles hunting and why do you need a bayonet.

Just for that I am going to saber rattle and out bid war you guys, then sporterize it cut stock and barrel and put a tasco brand scope on it. Then I'm going to post the pics here and bathe in all your tears.
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.