Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fat ninja
  • 1 Post By Mintie
  • 1 Post By TLB

Thread: 30mm Torch/IR Illuminator mount adjustable for windage and elavation

GWH

30mm Torch/IR Illuminator mount adjustable for windage and elavation

Does anyone know where I can get a 30mm version of these in NZ, want it in days, don't have time to get it from Aliexpress.

Need one to mount an external IR illuminator for a night vision culling operation

https://www.elks.com.au/product/z-vi...windage-clamp/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Could try Fraser at owl optics
    GWH likes this.

What are you wanting to achieve?

Personally, I have found the best way to mount torches is to fit a section of rail under the fore end, parallel to the barrel channel. If you have a wooden stock, find someone with a spindle molder who can set the guide fence up to the appropriate distance from a straight sided cutter and machine a flat section on the bottom of the fore end using the top of the barrel channel as the reference on the guide fence (hope that makes sense?). With the rail fitted parallel to the barrel channel, and using a standard 1" ring, the center of your torch spot will always be in the center of your scope.

Here's an example on my 10/22 with a Boyds stock. I have done the same to my CZ bolt actions. Makes the torch super easy to access, its light and compact, and you are not hanging everything off your scope.

Name:  IMG_0209.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  2.91 MB

Name:  IMG_0212.JPG
Views: 437
Size:  3.55 MB

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    What are you wanting to achieve?

Personally, I have found the best way to mount torches is to fit a section of rail under the fore end, parallel to the barrel channel. If you have a wooden stock, find someone with a spindle molder who can set the guide fence up to the appropriate distance from a straight sided cutter and machine a flat section on the bottom of the fore end using the top of the barrel channel as the reference on the guide fence (hope that makes sense?). With the rail fitted parallel to the barrel channel, and using a standard 1" ring, the center of your torch spot will always be in the center of your scope.

Here's an example on my 10/22 with a Boyds stock. I have done the same to my CZ bolt actions. Makes the torch super easy to access, its light and compact, and you are not hanging everything off your scope.

Attachment 194613

Attachment 194614
    Ive currently got an external IR illuminator mounted to the pic rail on the side of Pard NV008 scope, but was looking for an adjustable mount to align the zoomed IR spot with sight picture. Sighting in to make best use of PBR of 300-350 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a 30mm version of these in NZ, want it in days, don't have time to get it from Aliexpress.

Need one to mount an external IR illuminator for a night vision culling operation

https://www.elks.com.au/product/z-vi...windage-clamp/
    I do have exactly that mount in 25mm I'm no longer using if its of any interest to you. I guess it would be possible to modify to 30mm by cutting off the scope mount part of it and screwing on a 30mm mount.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Just shim it using some beer cans mate
    GWH likes this.

TLB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Just shim it using some beer cans mate
    Plus one for that. I just used some thin cardboard off a muesli bar or beer box last time and it has been in the quick release mount now for over 6 months no worries.
    GWH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    Plus one for that. I just used some thin cardboard off a muesli bar or beer box last time and it has been in the quick release mount now for over 6 months no worries.
    Yep I did exactly that which made the adjustable mount redundant. Stronger and simpler, just a little bit of mucking about in the first instance to get the right amount of shim.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste