Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 6.5 creedmore

6.5 creedmore

Just wondering if anyone is shooting one of these?
    I'm seriously thinking of re barreling my AR10 and was wondering who is shooting one?

I'm slowly playing with one at the moment in a savage lightweight (20"barrel).
    The rifle itself is proving to be temperamental but the calibre is showing good potential.(95gr projectile @ 3300fps)
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Cool, what powder? What is the best option with brass and dies?

I'm using BLC2 at the moment but will be trying some 140gainers next with RL17.
    Currently using hornady brass, with a 6.5mm bullet seater.
    I haven't resized anything yet but hoping to use a lee 260rem collet die to just neck size them
    Have you looked at this site http://www.65creedmoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I'm slowly playing with one at the moment in a savage lightweight (20"barrel).
    The rifle itself is proving to be temperamental but the calibre is showing good potential.(95gr projectile @ 3300fps)
    Interesting. Mine in .223 isn’t temperamental at all. I must have got a boy one

Although it seems to have a long throat and likes them seated well out. The VLDs are touching.

Yeah, that's why I'm swapping to some 140 SSTs to be able to set them out further.
    I found the factory barrel pressure point on the stock was making the groups worse not better so that has been sanded out as well.

Huh? Mine never had a pressure point. Totally free floating.

I have been shooting one for the last 3 years.
    Like it very much. Probably one of the first one ever built in NZ.
    Grant at True flight got my reamer and gauges at the moment.
    You can ask him to rebarrel your ar with it but there is a $50 rental fee for it.
    I shoot Berger 130 gr vld in a 1 in 8.5" twist barrel. If you want to shoot 140 gr go with the 1 in 8" twist.

Friwi

Mine had a definite lip at the front of the stock with the rest free floating. I assumed they made it that way given how thin the barrel is, maybe I just got the one with the dud stock.
    southernman likes this.

Dude up at the range was shooting one with 129gr Superformance, was getting close to 3000fps, think it was a 24". I think Target Sports has some DPMS LR's in 6.5C

DPMS 6.5 Creedmoor A or E-Cat - shopping | Target Sports

Got one ruger vt in 6.5 Creedmoor, chopped from 28 to 21.5 inches. Bedded. Real happy with the performance with 140 a max Hornady match.
    Yet to hunt with it.

Mmm, looking at the one at target sports now! It's only going to work out a little bit dearer than importing. Thanks

Liked the look of that 6.5 Creedmore DPMS for a while, that model seems to have a good reputation and will be an accurate shooter, but check out the weight of it with the big 24' match barrel.
    Will be a pretty serious heavy rig once appropriate scope on top if intend to do any lugging around in the field?

Then started looking for a nice bolt-action in Creedmore, doesn't seem many available unless you go for a custom rig, so after some advice settled on a Tikka .260 Rem, which are pretty close ballistic's wise only downside can see is will really need to start reloading, and Hornady don't make .260 factory ammo, for obvious reasons.

Darren at Target Sports is a good guy to deal with, shame these rifles are so expensive to get into country when you see what they go for in the States.
    Just about same price as a high end .22 here, and you could just come back home with one after an impulse buy whilst out purchasing some ammo, or socks or something, oops and add to gunsafe because you can...

OK, what is the availability of brass? It looks like hornady is the only one that makes it.
    And what dies would you suggest?
    It looks like I'm going to get one!

Cheers