Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dirkvanvuuren

Thread: Accu-Tac Bipod's recomendations

Accu-Tac Bipod's recomendations

Keen on upgrading my bipod for my Bergara HMR in 300winmag to an accu-tac but never had the opportunity to play with the different models.
    Leaning towards the WB-5 QD (wide body) but not sure if the SR-5 or LR-10 would be better options.

This will be used on my more dedicated long range rigs with weight not being an issue and most of my shooting being longer range hunting and plinking.

Anyone suggestions from people who have used these bipods would be much appreciated.

Owned all of these except the HD50 accu tac (2nd from top and is a friend of mines). For my comp rifle (field type LR shooting and some FPR) I think the SR5 G2 (3rd from top) is the best balance. Sold all my bipods and just use the SR5 G2, and a harris for hunting.
    Accu tac bipods are built like tanks, really like them. The HD50 will be more stable but I wouldn't like to carry a rifle with a HD50 on. If you want max stability and will only take the rifle out of your car and walk 10m to shoot the HD50 my choice. If you want a bipod that'll fit more applications with still very good stability, go SR5 G2, but remember this is still a heavy bipod.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
    3hundred win mag likes this.

Much appreciated @dirkvanvuuren , that's exactly the info I was after!. Sounds like SR5 Gen 2 is what I'm after.