Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Adjustable Butt Plate

Hi guys in my quest to become a better shooter by spending more money on gear rather than practicing I am after any info on where I can get a simple rise/fall butt plate for my Rem 700.

Name:  DSC00895-001.JPG
Views: 1924
Size:  528.2 KB

I have a three way Tubb unit however this is way too heavy for a rifle I have to carry in matches and I don't need Cant or LOP adjustment. I have had a look around Amazon, Goggle etc. but have come up dry. I am sure you guys will have some suggestions.

Name:  DSC00756.JPG
Views: 878
Size:  323.8 KB

Check on Ebay there are quite a few on there some nice stuff from Gehmann out of Germany the freight is not as bad as the Americans

the Morgan ones are simple enough and not to heavy,the one I had worked with two plates with grippy bits on both,,,put where wanted and do up screws and good to go,made an old dog of a SxS into a real honey.

Thanks guys this looks the business not too heavy and easy to adjust any one else interested I can bring more than one in if needed.

BISLEY ADJUSTABLE RUBER RECOIL BUTT PLATE PAD STOCK SHOULDER RIFLE SHOOTING | eBay

Jeremy

these guys are mainly focused on smallbore but the content and brands are the same.
    Both good to deal with

Buttplates - Accessories

Bang on Target: Catalog
    Last edited by Awaian; 24-04-2017 at 06:28 PM. Reason: granmar/spelln

Jeremy...that looks to work the same way as the one I had......you should be sorted no trouble.

@Awaian thanks for the links mate but they are bit too much for what I want to use them for.

glad to help
    looking at your tubb above, can you remove the lop rod and utilise that maybe....