Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tentman
  • 1 Post By Tentman

Thread: Adjustable Inclination Scope Bases

Adjustable Inclination Scope Bases

I've been looking at these for 22 RF "long range" projects, particularly the less expensive options like the https://www.eliteoptical.co.uk/sport...elevation.html and the https://utahairguns.com/eaglevision-...rings-2-piece/, theres also a FX (the airgun makers) one as well.

Has anyone else tried them or the like??

I have one on one of my rifles, not cheap but works well, cost was nearly as much as a second hand trade me tikka
    eratac,
    https://www.eratac.de/en/products/ta...-piece-mounts/

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Doesnt say wether they are steel or ally. Im a bit suss ,specially if ally , just wondering how solid they would be . One of them things where someone invents something you dont need ....then tries to convince you that you cant possibly live without it. Why not just use the elevation on your scope ....like you have done for ever .
    I think he want More elevation to be available for use

I have the FX no limit scope rings on my PCP, They have been solid as a rock so far!! And have sorted my elevation issue, as i can dial my shots using more of the scopes elevation!! The other options would be Eagle vision or Hawke

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I think he want More elevation to be available for use
    Yup - most modestly priced scopes (like you might use on a 22) don't have enough adjustment (25 or 30 Mils) even on a slanted base to get "right out there" for competitions . . . .

All the ones I listed are alloy (and cost about 1/10 of the Eratac, which is very nice but overkill for a 22 I feel) but hopefully should be up to the "careful" use they'd get on a Competition 22 . . .
    hamsav likes this.

I got a set of 34mm FX rings bloody awesome! Steel too I believe.

I got mine from the element optics dealer in NZ.

He has stock.
    Warm Barrels!

Sorry was suppose to say Sportsmatch not Hawke, but Hawke do make some too. I didn't even check out the links in the first post before i replied.
    I had the Sportsmatch on order but had to wait 2 months then found that the FX ones were available so went with them. Like I say solid as a rock!!

"out there" with a 22 is probably anything past 120M . . . . haha rule of thumb is shooting a 22 is the equivalent of shooting a CF at 3 times the distance, so at 22 target at 300 is about the same as 900 with a CF . . . and the Sparrowhawk 22 comp gets out to 350 ish if the weather is reasonable!
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    I got a set of 34mm FX rings bloody awesome! Steel too I believe.

I got mine from the element optics dealer in NZ.

He has stock.
    Thanks - will give him a ring on Monday . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    "out there" with a 22 is probably anything past 120M . . . . haha rule of thumb is shooting a 22 is the equivalent of shooting a CF at 3 times the distance, so at 22 target at 300 is about the same as 900 with a CF . . . and the Sparrowhawk 22 comp gets out to 350 ish if the weather is reasonable!
    I managed the 354m tgt at sparrowhawk with the weaver grand slam by holding over the target a fair way. Will be much easier now with a Titan 5-25x56 and rhe FX rings
    Warm Barrels!