Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Advice & help please, brand new CZ 452 Misfiring?!

Amongst the Kauris, Totaras and Rimus of the Waitakere Ranges

Lightbulb Advice & help please, brand new CZ 452 Misfiring?!

Hi there, just after some advice, as I am as fresh as they come to fire arms. SO, I got my brand new gorgeous CZ 452 Lux LH with a brick of CCI Standards, Woohoo! Excited much. Never used a firearm before... ever. Got to my old mans place actually feeling quite nervous to pull the trigger for the first time, so I feed a cartridge and it goes 'click' . This sent me into a nervous fluster as I wonder what I am doing wrong, carefully I take the cartridge out and put it to the side, work the bolt and fire a good round which almost instantly eased my nervousness. Problem is, out of about 100 rounds I got 12 duds, which in talking to a good mate reckoned it was 'way too much, there's gotta be something wrong'. Rang the shop, they said bring it down, I brought it down, they cleaned a whole lot of grease out the bolt and replaced it with some other grease, fired it 30 times with no issues and tell me 'all sorted'. I take it to the old mans, fire it, still happens, rang the shop, shop gave me a whole lot of different ammo that was lying around and said it could be the ammo, use the ammo and I notice its starting to improve a hell of a lot, to like 5 duds out of 100. However it is still misfiring, so the shop gave the bolt a bath in oil and said just keep firing 'it'll losen up'.

Everyone's telling me 'oh its so strange CZ's are one of the most reliable' yea yea yea . I do believe it though.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or could provide me some advice on new .22's doing this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Get them to replace the rifle.
    steven, Gibo and Banana like this.

res
    I'm with Daggers_187 on this,take it back to the shop and get them to sort it out, they may have to send it back to the importer.
    It's not your job to trouble shoot(no pun intended!) a new factory rifle.
    steven likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Yeah. If they're sure it'll sort itself out, then they can have it back. Sounds like some fucked up shit going on with the firing pin/firing pin spring.

SiB
    Fair trading act etc. The rifle is 'not fit for purpose'. Ask them to remedy. Simple.

A mate just ran 400 through his. Not one misfire. Something's amiss with yours !!!!

For what you've paid there should be zero expectation of faults/misfires. Make it their problem. Not yours.

If the assistant even remotely looks as he's about to turn on the bullshit switch, ask to speak directly with the manager. Don't piss around. You've paid serious money. Let them earn it.
    R93, ebf, Toby and 1 others like this.

ebf
    What SiB said mention all the words in the first sentence.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot'ndownunder View Post
    rang the shop, shop gave me a whole lot of different ammo that was lying around and said it could be the ammo, use the ammo and I notice its starting to improve a hell of a lot, to like 5 duds out of 100. However it is still misfiring, so the shop gave the bolt a bath in oil and said just keep firing 'it'll losen up'.
    What shop ?

Also keep the mis-fired rounds and show the shop them, could be light strikes on the rim.

Caretaker
    "Cleaned a whole lot of grease out of the bolt and replaced it with other grease"

Sounds a bit suss mate, very light oil will suffice in a rifle bolt, grease will only slow down fast moving parts like a firing pin, and can be a source of light firing pin strikes.
    Malhunting, steven and 10-Ring like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Shouldnt do it.
    I have a Brno bought it new about 1990.
    Cannot recollect a misfire and the gun has had thousands rounds through it.
    Get them to replace it.

I shoot around 150 to 200 rounds of cci weekly and have done for years. CCI is a very reliable brand.Your rifle has a fault. Excessive head space or firing pin fault. A competent gunsmith will ID the fault quick enough.Get the rifle replaced.

something is fishy, i have a CZ452 my 8 year old has put nearly a 1000 rnds through without one problem, its absolutely awesome rifle...
    We have used all sorts of ammo, CCI and winchester with subs, standard & high velocity... it eats everything without problems.
    Grant

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I have exactly the same rifle (even LH). Never missed a beat. What's the ammo?
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Yeh. Unless the ammo is Sus as this rifle should not miss a beat.
    Ask for a new one mate. I would; you actually have a bit to loose if you don't.
    I've had probably 5 misfires over the years and that's from 000's of shots.
    Good luck.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    "Cleaned a whole lot of grease out of the bolt and replaced it with other grease"

Sounds a bit suss mate, very light oil will suffice in a rifle bolt, grease will only slow down fast moving parts like a firing pin, and can be a source of light firing pin strikes.
    This ^^^
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Agree with @7mmsaum +1

Viscous grease can accentuate any issues in the slowing of the firing pin and issues around the function of the bolt.

However, You might also want to try if firing a round and when getting a click, lift the bolt vertically until you hear the action re-cock and then drop back down ensuring its right down and try to fire again. If it fires- Then you've removed faulty rim fire ammo from the equation and its likely not locking the whole way down into place giving not giving the firing pin a solid contact it needs and therefore causing a misfire.

Just check this isn't the case as you can easily do this with a quick lift'n flick load when it hasn't completely locked downward into place.

I also have a LH 452 American and this so times happens when I'm doing the rapid timed shoot part of my card. Especially when they are new it's easy to not realise you've done it.

Hope this is your fix...
    Last edited by Carpe Diem; 30-09-2014 at 10:50 PM.