Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Glu
  • 1 Post By Glu

Thread: AIL A-Cat adjustable stock

AIL A-Cat adjustable stock

Has anyone fitted one of these?

Name:  AILGEN2-300x300.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  11.6 KB

A friend has asked me to fit one to his AR. How do you retain the rear upper/lower locking pin dedent spring? There is no plate or front bush in front of the foam tube to retain the spring. I am wondering if something is missing out of the box.

res
    @Glu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Glu
    These stocks go onto a carbine buffer tube if you have a carbine buffer tube on your rifle it should already have the retaining plate .

Glu
    The stocks can be bought as the stock only or as a complete kit with Buffer tube , Recoil buffer , and spring . We only have the commercial buffer tube version of our new stock if you have a milspec version it has been special ordered and you will have to see the retailer you bought it from .Name:  1 002.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  408.9 KBName:  1 001.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  493.2 KB

Cheers guys. The rifle is running a A2 buffer tube so it will need to be changed.

Glu
    Just make sure you get the right buffer tube kit , it will say if it is Commercial or milspec stock on the box . Also use a good amount of oil inside the foam tube to slide over the buffer tube and use your finger inside the foam tube to make sure the foam does not catch on the sharp edges at the bottom of the buffer tube .
    We wanted to get a larger diameter foam tube but there is none in NZ and I would have to by 2000 meters of the 30mm grind surface foam which is enough to do about 12,000 stocks and I think it would take years and years to get through that much .

Ejected
    Good on you blokes for producing these stocks as they are the least gay A cat stock on the market. I would be keen to see a model produced with a better pistol grip if thats possible. Still tossing up upgrading to the adjustable one. I am currently glueing varing lengths of closed cell foam to the butt pad of my non adjustable stock to alter the length of pull...

Glu
    We will be getting back onto an upgrade for the old stock that means you will be able to purchase a new butt plate that will be adjustable similar to our new stock . Just need to find the time and there is not much of that at the moment .
    Nick-D and Pineapple like this.

Had a play with one of these today. Very cool, and definitely on the list. Thought it looked a little goofy in the pics but is very well finished and looks great in the flesh. do you guys sell these direct @Glu ?

Glu
    You can get them from us best way is to email us and we can send them out or if you are in Auckland you can come in to our factory in Onehunga but we are only open from 7:30am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday .

payment can be made by eftpos/credit card or direct deposit to our bank account .

If you are not sure where you can get them ask your local shop as we have been sending them all over NZ so they may have them in stock or can get us to send them out to them .

AIL
    admin@anodising.co.nz

Cheers Glu
    Nick-D likes this.