Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bol Tackshin

Thread: Aimsport suppressors

Aimsport suppressors

Heya guys has anyone had hands on experience with aimsport suppressors? Are they good? How do they compare to the likes of a dpt or hardy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I can't give first hand advice, but Rod and Rifle did a great comparison test. You can get the article here: https://rodandrifle.co.nz/product/nz...ppressor-test/
    Antwalsh likes this.

I've got a Triton 50S II on a a7 roughtech pro in 6.5 creedmoor. A mate has a carbonlight in 260 with the same suppressor and they are excellent on both calibers. I know the 260 and 6.5 are very similar but that's the only experience I have with these on center fire rifles. I also have a aimsport rimfire suppressor that works well on a 22mag. They have a really good finish and I'd buy another.

Got an aimsport Triton on a Howa 300blk, it's good, quiet, heavier than my ODL but about 1/2 the price too.

I have an Aimsport Triton 42S (overbarrel) on my Sako 7mm08 and it seems to do the job nicely. I have no ability to scientifically test it but it seems no more or less noisy than anything else in that calibre. My personal opinion.... since you asked:

Pros:

Lighter than the MAE stainless steel suppressor I used to operate before.
    Internal parts are stainless where they need to be so its likely to give good long term service.
    External surface is non-reflective matt black. I can still get a little heat shimmer though.
    External surface has a "soft-touch" texture which compliments the Cabronlight's stock (which has the same treatment applied).
    Appears to be a quality product with high production standards.

Cons:

Quite expensive when compared to other options out there such as Gunworks, DPT and GBC. Needs to be $100 cheaper than current prices in my opinion.
    While you can undo the two sections and divide it in two for cleaning you can't seem to break it down any further.

Would I buy another? Yep, certainly. I'd quite like to try one on a .22 and see how it runs but it would have to be at a better price than the NZ made options out there.

Hope that helps?