Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst

Thread: Air Rifle Triggers

Air Rifle Triggers

I thought there was a tread on this but dammed if I can find it . . .

So if a guy was thinking of getting a bit more offhand practise in with a (probably breakbarrel) air rifle - do any of less expensive brands (and particular model) stand out for having a trigger (either single or two stage) that is like a good centrefire trigger ??

I had a Gamo Hunter 220 (wood stock, .22 cal) that had a decent enough trigger once adjusted, although not on par with any of the "good" centrefire one's I've had. To get a really good one, you're probably going to have to have it worked, or buy something like a Diana or Weirauch.
    More meplat, more better.

I have an old Daisy that has an amazing trigger, it's quite a clever design and contains a couple of ball bearings, I wish they would use that trigger on some of the centre fires out there.
    Tommy likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I got a stoeger model from humping and fisting a couple of years ago.
    Trigger was shite. Bit of doctor google and made up a roller for the trigger. Made an absolute huge difference. I did put the little spring back in but I did consider taking it out as it was even better.
    if you find the clip I mean you will understand. You can even use small roller bearings if you can find them
    Thought my sons friend was getting one and I made a couple more just in case, but he didn't so I think I still have them in the toolbox.
    a lot have the same trigger although I did have a crack at the old boss's slug guns he used and abused and they were way harder to dick with so I passed on them.
    Not the same at all