Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Caspar
  • 6 Post By Tahr
  • 3 Post By Pommy
  • 1 Post By Barry the hunter
  • 2 Post By Bol Tackshin
  • 1 Post By gundoc

Thread: AK 47 parts wanted

AK 47 parts wanted

Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum so though i would introduce myself. I love all firearms and air rifles. I have 2xnorinco 7.62x39 mhn 90's and the mhn 90 in .223. Also 2xnorinco m305"s long and short, SKS, ruger 10/22, a Ranger 870 shot gun and a Saiga 12 shot gun. I reload most of my ammunition and even cast my own lead bullets to keep the costs down.
    Anyway back to the title. Has anyone got any spare parts for a norinco ak. I am looking for a gas block from a 56 ideally with the bayonet lugs on it, or a mhn 90 gas block with the bayonet lugs on it or even just a standard mhn 90 gas block.
    The other thing i'm trying to sort out is a trigger forward kit for my saiga 12. So i would be keen on buying a trigger group for a mhn 90 complete with the trigger guard.
    They are the two thing i really need, But i would be keen on any other parts people might have available.
    Thanks Caspar
    Dama dama likes this.

Try Brownells for a Tapco G2 AK trigger group. They are around $US30 I think so no export paperwork required.

Caspar, I have a good selection of AK parts. Send me a PM.

johifo
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspar View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum so though i would introduce myself. I love all firearms and air rifles. I have 2xnorinco 7.62x39 mhn 90's and the mhn 90 in .223. Also 2xnorinco m305"s long and short, SKS, ruger 10/22, a Ranger 870 shot gun and a Saiga 12 shot gun. I reload most of my ammunition and even cast my own lead bullets to keep the costs down.
    Anyway back to the title. Has anyone got any spare parts for a norinco ak? this is a good read on the orignal AK47 Replacement Parts Info and history of the maker and his russian city I am looking for a gas block from a 56 ideally with the bayonet lugs on it, or a mhn 90 gas block with the bayonet lugs on it or even just a standard mhn 90 gas block.
    The other thing i'm trying to sort out is a trigger forward kit for my saiga 12. So i would be keen on buying a trigger group for a mhn 90 complete with the trigger guard.
    They are the two thing i really need, But i would be keen on any other parts people might have available.
    Thanks Caspar
    I split the following posts from the "AK 47" thread. I apologize for the hijack there, and figured this was a topic that should be in its own thread.* Good. Now that you're hooked on AK rifles, you need to get busy building your own AK's from de-milled parts kits. This is the way to go. For half of what you paid for those commercial models, you can own a military version, rebuilt on a semi-auto platform. Congrats, though, on the purchases. The more AK rifles out there in this country, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by johifo View Post
    I split the following posts from the "AK 47" thread. I apologize for the hijack there, and figured this was a topic that should be in its own thread.* Good. Now that you're hooked on AK rifles, you need to get busy building your own AK's from de-milled parts kits. This is the way to go. For half of what you paid for those commercial models, you can own a military version, rebuilt on a semi-auto platform. Congrats, though, on the purchases. The more AK rifles out there in this country, the better.
    You have stumbled into an alternative universe.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Why would you revive an 8 year old thread like this?

We've also had law changes here since 2015 and semi automatic centrefire rifles are verbotten for standard license holders.

Nobody is going to be (legally) building AK's from parts kits here in NZ.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

as Thar says another universe completely - there must be forums for legal C cat holders - legal collectors of such
    blip likes this.

Poster is in New York, and either a bot or a stirrer.
    timattalon and outlander like this.

Now look what you've done @Thar
    may be sarcastic may be a bad joke

Welcome to Sako club.

Ill have the AK parts please.
    Use enough gun

Just in time to be too late! I sold all my AK parts some years ago (before the Mosque shooting). My previous post was in 2015!
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Just in time to be too late! I sold all my AK parts some years ago (before the Mosque shooting). My previous post was in 2015!
    Drat and fiddlesticks.
    Use enough gun