Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: All this bloody howa talk lately

All this bloody howa talk lately

Jeeze you howa nuts are a bunch of rotters, was thinking about going down the remington 700 track and get one in 280 but all this talk about howas and thier accuracy has got me really tempted to go get one when I get back from Aussie now I am locked in a debate with myself on whether I should get a howa, ruger m77 hawkeye or go back to a marlin X7. So many bloody decisions to think of while over the ditch. got 3 different calibers in mind 243, 7mm08 or .270 but I have a fair idea of which way I might go unless I find a 6.5x55 in a commercial action like a ruger that I can tweak my 6.5x55 data a bit more without worrying about an old and weak action.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I am thinking about a Howa .223 maybe next year when I get back to work, They seem to be good for the price.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Re: All this bloody howa talk lately

You can have a play with mine for a week or so when you get back if you want. Rugers pop up in the swede all the time i wouldnt hesitate in owning onenive had nothing bud good things from the rugers ive owned/used.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Are howa much better then savage? these are the 2 im looking at, I like the deal on the savage cause it saves me getting a suppressor but my mates savage has a huge annoying safety on the back behind the bolt which I dont like, also small mag compared to that howa, but then with the howa its gonna cost me more cause I have to get the suppressor.

Savage AXIS Scoped & Silenced Package **Choose Calibre**

223 Howa 1500 Stainless Green Hogue Scoped
    VIVA LA HOWA

Ill do you a favour and tell you to avoid guncity. The axis isnt a real savage imho. Out of the two the howa wins hands down.

I'd go for a decent Savage over a Howa any time personally, but not the Axis - its a budget version with the better features removed. Try this instead, also comes with a much better scope than either of those packages: 11 International Trophy Hunter - 223Rem - Sportways Gunshed

+1 on avoiding guncity.
    Aurochs likes this.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-519553448.htm

Yeah I am keen on that one from TM but not atm, Once I have the money I will look properly but for now just thinking on best thing to save for. seems like Howa is what im going to be saving for though.

http://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/Centerfire.html#howa
    Last edited by Toby; 06-10-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added link
    VIVA LA HOWA

Gunworks do that deal all the time. If you ring them and talk to them you can get a supressed deal for around 1200ish and its a good supressor not a guncity hunk o crap

Cheers for that info, May check them out closer to the time, at least I have a price to aim for now
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    You can have a play with mine for a week or so when you get back if you want. Rugers pop up in the swede all the time i wouldnt hesitate in owning onenive had nothing bud good things from the rugers ive owned/used.

There are two shops here in Te Awamutu that stock howas so I would be going straight there the minute I get home already had a fondle of one and liked it plus I like the idea of the prethreaded for suppressor thing, I still miss that carl gustav with the walnut monte carlo stock i had in Tokoroa bloody good shooter that was used to shoot all of my reloads and PMC ammo like it was a flamin surgeon pity that prick that visits in a paper envelope with a window on it turned up tellin me it wanted money or else caused me to sell it.

Toby forget the savage Axis it IS the biggest pile of shit ever released don't know what the hell savage was thinking releasing those things on the market.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Toby - if you haven't before, make sure you go to a shop and handle the various options before deciding - there are a fair few good rifles around that price point (Howa, Savage, Marlin, Remington), get the one that fits you and feels best in your hands.

Toby,I like savage rifles and have a weather warrior as my main rifle. I'd never look at a savage axis/edge. If you have a price point at the lower end then howa, marlin etc are better choices.
    Better to wait for a good s/hand rifle to come up in my opinion though.

Hunter 308, I think pick the calibre then shop for the right rifle is the way to go. I miss my 6.5x55, there isn't much reason to move away from it really

Yeah I think .223 is the gun I need now, I really like the idea of Howa, I see they sell 10 shot mags on trademe so if I do get one I may get a mag for it too.

I have a 6.5x55, its great picked it up on Trademe a while ago, it is nice to shoot.
    VIVA LA HOWA

All this bloody howa talk lately

Howa would be my pick of the bunch, but I might be a bit one eyed!

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images