Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pommy

Thread: Alternative scope bases for Bergara BA-13

ebf

Alternative scope bases for Bergara BA-13

Ive just put my spare VX3 3.5-10 Windplex on the take-down Bergara. Not a huge fan of the factory rail, it is fugly and the scope sits too high.

Anyone put actual bases on a BA13 ? Be keen to hear what the screw spacing is (without me taking the scope off again) and what you've found works well.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

I thought exactly the same thing a few days ago. Mine looked so bad I’m getting open sights installed 😂

I wondered if you got too much lower the scope might be obstructing easy use of the hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushline View Post
    I wondered if you got too much lower the scope might be obstructing easy use of the hammer?
    They have a hammer extension so not really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Ive just put my spare VX3 3.5-10 Windplex on the take-down Bergara. Not a huge fan of the factory rail, it is fugly and the scope sits too high.

Anyone put actual bases on a BA13 ? Be keen to hear what the screw spacing is (without me taking the scope off again) and what you've found works well.
    I read somewhere they are the same dimensions as one of the Thompsons. It was while looking up the US version. They are called CVA something over there

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushline View Post
    I thought exactly the same thing a few days ago. Mine looked so bad I’m getting open sights installed ��
    Been there, done that

The difference between my supersonic load and subs just to great for open sights to be a realistic option.

I ended up making a custom can with smaller diameter so I could use the front blade, coz it disappears if you use a 43mm diameter can.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    They have a hammer extension so not really an issue.
    Mines got the extension but even in medium Warne rings on the standard base a 3-9x40 was about as close to the hammer as I would want to comfortably use the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Been there, done that

The difference between my supersonic load and subs just to great for open sights to be a realistic option.

I ended up making a custom can with smaller diameter so I could use the front blade, coz it disappears if you use a 43mm diameter can.
    I’ve got a dpt mini centre-fire over barrel which is smaller diameter. On standard 16.5inch barrel the sights just clear the suppressor.
    I had to purchase the bergara open sights separately as my model didn’t come with them.

Did you find anything decent @ebf?

What about adding a cheek rest to lift your head slightly to align better with a scope ?

I would switch to the thumbhole stock as that raises up your line of sight. I had the opposite issue with mine as i bought a 1.5-4x28 and it sits low on that rail. That's using the low 1" rings. Works for both the lil scope and the holosun

I've got a single piece scope mount if anyone wants it. Replaces the rail. Suits 1" scope tubes up to about 44mm objective, maybe 50mm.
    Strummer likes this.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

Gone but not forgotten
    I find my eye lined up nicely on my Bergara. 2-7x33 Leupold with (I think) Burris Z rings on the rail.
    I just swapped it to a VX3 2.5-8x36, so I better check it again...

I am a converted fan of these lil scopes now eh. The clicks are horrendous but the clarity is there. The fixed objective lens at 150y on my 1.5-4 is great, i don't notice any crosshair alignment issues in the field which i certainly did using a Konus.

Just don't mount a heavier scope too far fwd. The temptation is there (to get max eye relief) but you can damage this rail with nothing but recoil.