Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stretch

Thread: another e cat question

northdude

another e cat question

hi just wondering if an ak 47 with folding stock that is and air rifle is considered an e cat firearm its one of those ones gun city use to sell cheers

Not sure I understand what you are asking but if you have a semi-auto and it has a folding stock it is an MSSA

Air rifle? Best steer clear of those things - bit poncey

If you have an air rifle that looks like an AK47, than the MSSA restrictions do not apply.

MSSAs can only be a firearm. (other than a specially dangerous airgun)

Arms Act 1983

2 Interpretation
    firearm—

(a) means anything from which any shot, bullet, missile, or other projectile can be discharged by force of explosive; and

(b) includes—

(i) anything that has been adapted so that it can be used to discharge a shot, bullet, missile, or other projectile by force of explosive; and

(ii) anything which is not for the time being capable of discharging any shot, bullet, missile, or other projectile but which, by its completion or the replacement of any component part or parts or the correction or repair of any defect or defects, would be a firearm within the meaning of paragraph (a) or subparagraph (i); and

(iii) anything (being a firearm within the meaning of paragraph (a) or subparagraph (i)) which is for the time being dismantled or partially dismantled; and

(iv) any specially dangerous airgun

military style semi-automatic firearm means a firearm (other than a pistol) that is—

(a) a semi-automatic firearm having 1 or more of the following features:

(i) a folding or telescopic butt:

(ii) a magazine designed to hold 0.22-inch rimfire cartridges that—

(A) is capable of holding more than 15 cartridges; or

(B) is detachable, and by its appearance indicates that it is capable of holding more than 15 cartridges:

(iii) a magazine (other than one designed to hold 0.22-inch rimfire cartridges) that—

(A) is capable of holding more than 7 cartridges; or

(B) is detachable, and by its appearance indicates that it is capable of holding more than 10 cartridges:

(iv) bayonet lugs:

(v) a flash suppressor:

(vi) a component of a kind defined or described by an order under section 74A as a pistol grip for the purposes of this definition; or

(b) a semi-automatic firearm of a make and model declared by an order under section 74A to be a military style semi-automatic firearm for the purposes of this Act; or

(c) a semi-automatic firearm of a description declared by an order under section 74A to be a military style semi-automatic firearm for the purposes of this Act; or

(d) a semi-automatic firearm that has a feature of a kind defined or described in an order under section 74A as a feature of military style semi-automatic firearms for the purposes of this Act

No not a firearm

if that was the case then just about ever gun in an airsoft shop would have a restriction of some form,

Curiosity lead me to :
    GHK AK GIMS GBBR [GHK-GIMS] - $819.00 : Airsoft Gun Centre

Name:  AK_airsoft.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  202.5 KB

Quick Overview
    GHK AK GIMS Gas Blowback GBB Rifle
    -- Real Wood Handguard
    -- Full Steel made receiver & Side-Folding Stock
    -- GHK's redesigned internal structure and Solidly built construction
    -- Reinforced Gas Blow Back System
    -- 380 FPS
    -- Simulated black-anodize steel magazine
    -- 40 rounds 6mm BB loading capacity
    Impressive AK GIMS Airsoft Gas Blowback Rifle by GHK
    Grab it in your hands and you will feel the solid steel construction and the real wooden furniture. It will feel almost like the real thing.
    The GHK AK GIMS is made of 90% Steel and comes with a side rail design, added steel fire control externals and a steel recoil buffer for added recoil awesomeness!
    Features a realistic AK simulated surface finishing and GHK had redesigned the internals but reproduced the Inokatsu and LCT AK's externals.
    The quality of the GHK AK series can be described in two words, "Robust & Rigid".

$819.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Not sure I understand what you are asking but if you have a semi-auto and it has a folding stock it is an MSSA

Air rifle? Best steer clear of those things - bit poncey
    no worries question answered yeah a bit poncey I should put it in the wank factor thread

If its a pre charged one then it would if I'm not mistaken as they're classed as 'specially dangerous'.

northdude
    Its co2 it looks specialty dangerous cause its got a pistol grip and its black

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Its co2 it looks specialty dangerous cause its got a pistol grip and its black
    We should push for legislation to make these MSSAs. They make me nervous. Such dangerous. Much evil.

Someone call Phillip Alpers, quick!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Daggers_187 likes this.