Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By akaroa1

Thread: Any one here used the A-TEC A12 Shotgun Suppressor ?

Any one here used the A-TEC A12 Shotgun Suppressor ?

Just been looking at ways to use my super short Benny barrel & was after a Poly Choke for it but these had me thinking .

Any one here had much to do with them, says you cant use slugs which is a bugger but seem good ?

they make it quieter but not super quiet

They work up to buckshot but not slugs

@carlhurley & @Russian 22. have you guys used them or own one, was the Buckshot Ok then why not the Slugs ?

I thought I might get one after selling a bit of stuff but the $600 was with out the choke to fit the darn thing .

Thank you @mimms2 I will see what he thinks then .

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Just been looking at ways to use my super short Benny barrel & was after a Poly Choke for it but these had me thinking .

Any one here had much to do with them, says you cant use slugs which is a bugger but seem good ?
    @Scout what a coincidence
    I was looking at the standard suppressors on stagers web site and stumbled on these
    There's a bit to get your head around
    Is you shotgun barrel already threaded inside or outside for chokes
    Does it have a rib ?

You off poaching ?

Yep it's a lot quieter, but still noisy. You wouldn't be shooting with no one noticing, not like a 300blk or 9mm shooting subs thru a can.

@akaroa1 lol no not for that, I have a 11.5in Benny barrel & wanted to not shoot my fingers off so was going to add a outside Poly Choke & then saw these, I also saw how easy it was to add a thread for a choke with a few tools .

I have a 21in Rem pump 12ga & when I blast possums in the yard with this I need to add hearing protection & that is just one more thing to forget as I go out the door & my ears are ringing for a few days, can't hear too well now eh ?

@Scout a hearing aid would be cheaper than the suppressor !
    Cordite likes this.

@akaroa1 Yes true that & the fingers ?

I use a fully suppressed 410 , it does make a difference if that helps

It’s a huge fkn thing, much wider and thicker than your gun. Almost half the length of your gun too. Ugly and not doing much sound reduction really. Just cuts out a little bit of explosion but still very noisy. It gets dirty as real quick too. Just my experience in a semi anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    @carlhurley & @Russian 22. have you guys used them or own one, was the Buckshot Ok then why not the Slugs ?

I thought I might get one after selling a bit of stuff but the $600 was with out the choke to fit the darn thing .
    My friend has sent me videos and has shot a few hundred shells of various flavours through it.

I believe the slugs have issues with the wads or the suppressor is not rated for slugs. Although there are other suppressors that run slugs so idk.

My understanding is that you must use cartridges with shot cup wads which rules out most buck and slugs.