Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Sonicjoe
  • 1 Post By wire hunter
  • 1 Post By Cowboy06
  • 1 Post By Sonicjoe
  • 1 Post By StrikerNZ

Thread: Anyone here running a V2 Twin Needle Bino Pouch and Harness?

Anyone here running a V2 Twin Needle Bino Pouch and Harness?

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a Hunters Element Bino Defender. No complaints but I am wanting a harness and pouch that is a little more heavy duty and that I can fully zip up if need be. I would also like some molle on it to possibly run a range finder and possibly GPS pouch on each side. Also the pocket for the phone seems sweet.

Is anyone running a 2nd gen Twin Needle pouch and harness and how do you find it?

Is it massive like that bush buck? I don't really want a pack on my chest.

Cheers

Yeah I've got one. Haven't taken it out yet. I replaced a Badlands with it, definitely smaller and more streamlined. Sort of need external pockets to keep rangefinder etc unless your binos are small.
    Seems well made, pretty happy so far.
    308mate likes this.

For what it's worth I run the older twin needle harness which I think must be smaller than the new model. Really well made. I feel like it could be bigger without becoming bulky. Most of the time I'm Bush hunting goats and use it to carry pH and a pair of secateurs and some toilet paper in a pill bottle in a range finder pouch for drying the scope lenses. Keep meaning to ring twin needle and see if they can make a smaller pouch that I could sometimes run on the same harness instead of the bino bivvy for just the pH because its such a handy place to have it. I often take it off and put it in pack on a big climb especially in summer cause I get hot. Not quite what you asked but oh well.
    308mate likes this.

Been running the gen 1 for a few years. Works great. Have just got the gen2 as it fits my zeiss a little better getting them in and out with the couple tweaks they made. Yes they are heavy duty. The harness is very nice and low profile too. I’ve had a couple others over the years and I rate the twin needle as the best I’ve used.
    308mate likes this.

Cheers @Sonicjoe @wire hunter @Cowboy06 I will order one.

Did you guys find a way of tethering your binos to the pouch so you can hang them outside the pouch and also stop them falling to the ground if you drop them?

The Hunters Element rig I currently am using does that but the Twin Needle just has loops and you have to add your own tether somehow.

I had talked to Steve about it on the first model when he was designing them. I took a tether off another harness. You could cut part of the original neck strap webbing off your binos or use some paracord. Then use a light alloy small carabiner onto the loop. Sometimes you just want to remove the binos from the pouch. I just got my new one and got the external pouch. Put a Ar15 mag pouch on one side for the kestrel and a bipod pouch for the javelin on the other side.

Looks too big & bulky IMHO.

FHF are the gold standard for Bino Harnesses, easy to add a side pocket for rangefinders too.

Avoid at all cost heavy and bulky units (like Alaska guide creations), they act as a heat trap and going up a steep hill you will be feeling it!

Not to mention some have strong magnets in them, terrible idea.

Got a Gen 1 in excellent nick if someone is interested....

Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    Cheers @Sonicjoe @wire hunter @Cowboy06 I will order one.

Did you guys find a way of tethering your binos to the pouch so you can hang them outside the pouch and also stop them falling to the ground if you drop them?

The Hunters Element rig I currently am using does that but the Twin Needle just has loops and you have to add your own tether somehow.
    Went and bought some elastic from a local knitting shop, tied one end on to the pouch loop and used one of these hooks on the other end:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32764100499.html
    308mate likes this.

I ordered a couple of these neckstraps to attach the binos to my AGC bivvy. (Only needed to use one in the end, had grabbed the second for the extra slider locks, in case I wanted to set it up differently.)

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32814273871.html

Only concern was if the clips would be strong enough, but they seem alright. Dropped the binos over the bed a few times, and they held up.

The brown sections were just right to fit into the loops on my harness without pulling through, so I just cut the wider black webbing off, and used the rest as intended.
    308mate likes this.