Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fssprecision
  • 1 Post By gonetropo

Thread: Anyone owned or shot a new Rossi .22lr or mag

Jak

Anyone owned or shot a new Rossi .22lr or mag

Looking for some insight to getting another. 22 (lr or magnum) and I was told by a mate in Aussie to look at the Rossi ones.
    Has anyone here had one or know how they last?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    Looking for some insight to getting another. 22 (lr or magnum) and I was told by a mate in Aussie to look at the Rossi ones.
    Has anyone here had one or know how they last?
    Cheers
    I have inspected them and worked on a few Rossis, fair to say there are made to a budget, so if you got more spend more but really depends what you are after.
    mimms2 likes this.

@gonetropo has a 22mag bolt action and reckons it is very good bang for the buck

I got my you ger son a JW 15 as a starter rifle, but it had endless problems and would never feed the second round. He had wanted a semi but I wanted him to start with a b/a. Eventually gav eup on the JW and replaced it with a rossi 22lr semi. The difference is marked, the rossi has never had a single failure after 1000s of rounds. It shoots straight too, inside the limitations of bulk 22lr ammo. I am impressed for what is really the lowest price semi auto .22 on the market. I would certainly look at the 22mag version if I was going to buy soemthing in that calibre.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    sounds like you got a bad jw and a good rossi!

though, JWs are all pretty coarse...
    Yeah that particular JW was a real eye-opener, I had heard good things about them, within their price range of course. First round loaded out of the mag perfectly, but second round never did. Tried 3 different magazines same problem every time. The rossi is amazing in comparison, the boy is happy enough.... but he really only wants a SLR! Unfortunately he was born a few years too late for that.

I have a bolt action .22lr Rossi. Trigger pull from hell, but very light weight, feeds and extracts well, and surprisingly accurate

Not tring to hijack the thread but as a lever tragic I want to have a fondle of a Rossi Rio Bravo. I keep looking but have not seen one advertised in NZ yet.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @gonetropo has a 22mag bolt action and reckons it is very good bang for the buck
    its a semi !!
    csmiffy likes this.

Makes me chuckle when I read of people writing off JWs. Mate and I have done maybe 20 of them - zero failures. With just a little work including trigger, action polish, chop, recrown etc to bring out the Brno DNA they're one of the best wee hunter/worker 22s you can get. We have shot umpteen thousand bunnies with them - deadly effective little units. Avoid Polytech and GC brand JWs.

Must have a play with a Rossi some day.. Have a couple of Marlin 795 semiautos and one at the range week or so ago averaged 0.58" for 3 consecutive groups at 75m. Now that's accurate..

ok, need to buy some furniture. my rossi 22 mag semi ( maybe 30 rounds shot) unused suppressor and a sytong NV scope ( never used on the gun just a wee look around at night)
    $1800 firm !