Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hotbarrels

Thread: Anyone shooting a Marlin Model 917M2 Cal .17 MACH2 Rifle??

Anyone shooting a Marlin Model 917M2 Cal .17 MACH2 Rifle??

Is there anyone out there shooting a Marlin Model 917M2 Cal .17 MACH2 rifle?
    What sort of accuracy are you getting at 100m?

Mine shot about an inch at 100yds with old ammo, new hornady ammo wasn't the best, 3 inch from memory, I used a pen spring to lighten the trigger pull. Don't use it a hell of a lot. Hard to get a variety of options to try. I'd reccomend 22lr, 17hmr or 22 mag due to ammo issue. Cheers

Yea, there seems to be plenty of ammo about at the moment for the 17HM2. I see Out Door Supplies are advertising the Marlin for $600.
    https://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/Rimfire.html#Marlin

My experience with the round has been around that 3" @100 as well so was interested to see if it was just my rifle or more to do with the inherent accuracy of the round?
    gadgetman likes this.

Mine will shoot 1" or a bit better at 100. That is with Hornady, CCI, or Remington. It likes them all. After 150, bullets drop really fast. And any wind will really mess with groups.

I’d check it’s in stock first as generally Outdoor supplies are drop shippers.
    My cz452 does around 1” at 100 in mach2.