Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By StrikerNZ
  • 1 Post By uk_exile
  • 1 Post By Waldo Peens

Thread: Anyone tried these $400 Range Finder Binos

Anyone tried these $400 Range Finder Binos

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...41071266%22%7D

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005002267651934.html

Just want to know if any ones actually tried them and has feedback?
    I'm sure the glass will not be the best, but more interested in the ranging and angle accuracy.

You would be far far better served buying a standalone rangefinder and a decent brand of binos for that money. Doesn’t even need to cost all that much more.. vortex diamondback HDs for 4-450ish, plus whatever second hand rangefinder you find on trademe, or the likes of Sndway from aliexpress for 1-150 from memory.

You don’t need good glass in a rangefinder but you sure do in binos, as that’s what you spend all your time looking through. Dirt cheap glass will make your eyes water and give you a headache, lose light sooner, and miss animals due to low definition.

I have a Sndway rangefinder from Aliex, it works well for ranging generally, angle function works well. Have used it to calculate the height of a couple of big trees and where they would land when they fall, and was pretty spot on with that. The glass is clear enough , but has something weird with it that gives me a headache if I look through it for more than a minute or so. Fine for quickly ranging though.
    Moa Hunter and Phil_H like this.

The SNDWAY range finders are great value. No idea about those range finder binos.
    6x47 likes this.

Agree with both above. It's the glass in the cheap binos that will surely let you down.

I use Geovids for normal hunting but have a $100 Sndway for my PCP and it works very well for that.

I concur on the SNDWAY rangefinder. I bought the 1000M model, and it's been working hreat so far. Appears to be accurate for range and angle measurements. Paid $139 delivered, and arrived within a month.
    Cordite likes this.
    The Truth shall make ye fret.

Also in 8x42 but same weight, makes me question if the other ones are not really 10x, but surely, nah.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044172817.html
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

For double that money you could get the Bushnell ARC RF binos for sale on here and likely never look back