Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RimfireNZ

Thread: Anyone use Optics Planet?

Anyone use Optics Planet?

Hey guys,
    I've finally filled the gap between my 17HMR and my 7mm with a Savage model 14 classic .223.
    It's currently got a nice Weaver 3-9 on it but as I'm planning to be using this to whack bunnies out to 300+ meters I'm needing a higher mag scope.

I'm thinking a 6-20 Weaver Grand Slam... however I'm not paying the pricks here $1,000+ for something I can import for half of that.

Has anyone else dealt with them? Has customs been an issue?

If I can buy it for $530~ and have Optics Planet make a profit, god knows what our gun stores are making on them, because they'll be paying less than that. They have to make money, but are they having a laugh?
    veitnamcam likes this.

hey man, ive brought from opticsplanet, brought a bushnell elite 6500 from them,they sent me 2 scopes by mistake haha.site workes sweet tho! no issues with customs, took two weeks from clicking to door if i remember rightly

EDIT... miss read... thought it was Optic Zone... I'll just crawl back in my hole...
    Last edited by wiredkiwis; 17-09-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    Treat every firearm as loaded - Always point firearms in a safe direction - Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Identify your target beyond all doubt - Check your firing zone - Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I used nanchez and they were piss easy. customs is a hit or miss thing. some you win some you dont. either way you will be paying way less.
    I have won both times so far, Im betting when its an expensive scope I wont be so lucky

I've bought a few things off them. No problems at all
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Choice, well if they're half decent as some people seem to think so, it's worth a shot. If I get them to match Nachtezezez or whatever it's called, I can get my Grand Slam for $349 USD ex shipping.

I'm all for supporting your local gun shop, but sorry I'm not paying $1,000 for a scope that I can get for nearly 1/3 of that!

Once I get that I'll post a picture of my new Varmint rig